Bluegreen/ Phil Phoenix pics 2021

phil phoenix

11 hours ago, phil phoenix said:

Yes David, The 7 cylinder MT775e has a bad reputation for reliability, whereas its bigger brother the 800 series are generally sound.  Quite a few 865/ 875s in these parts and mostly between 6 and 12 years old.

On my last visit to my local AGCO dealer I was rather surprised to see a number of MF8700 Series models in the yard. Some looked like they were in for servicing pre hectic planting season and others were brand new!  I then discovered that the ever expanding Pretoria Energy Maize company have ordered a fleet of 10!!!!!!!!!! new 8740S & 8732S machines.........Yowser😆................Ive no idea whats being replaced as they currently run several NH T7HD & T7 short wheelbase machines.  Clearly they are aiming too pull fewer trailers but move up to tri axles I suspect.  Tri axle tankers and 16 row maize drills are already part of their fleet, but more tankers and perhaps 24 row drills are on the way no doubt. Anyway I think the current 8740S models with the new exhaust system are the bees knees and way better looking than the new 8S models, especially with that S Series bonnet😍...................Clearly there is no money in food production farming, but piles of it in energy and electric production.   Ive noticed these  MF8700S series tractors are easily the most popular big MFs since the old 8400s.  The 8600s hardly sold any, nor did the early 8700s. Maybe after 10 years development they finally have a product farmers want, they are still a long way behind Fendt 900s and JD 8Rs in the popularity stakes, but id say they were a solid 3rd place in the 300/ 400hp bracket.

IMG_5681.JPG

IMG_5682.JPG

IMG_5683.JPG

There's a few MT865Cs still putting in big hours around here on big ploughs and primary cultivations. Interesting to see all those 8700 series MFs. A friend of mine who's modern fleet is near enough all Fendt, swapped a 939 Vario for an 8740 because a new 939 was going to cost significantly more. Most of his operators now actually prefer the cab and control layout of the big MF compared to the 939. 

• Like 1

And finally in the planting field two newish New Holland T7.210s plus 4 row Grimme planters, along with a one year old New Holland 742  telehandler and also a brand new JCB 542-70

A.L Lee used to run Manitou handlers then CAT, tried a blue NH but didnt like it, and now have a yellow one which their driver said aint very good, and finally have bought their first JCB which apparently is a "Different class" to everything else theyve used or demoed.

2000 acres of spuds to go in and three gangs planting, I will keep an eye out for the others.

IMG_5686.JPG

IMG_5700.JPG

IMG_5697.JPG

IMG_5688.JPG

IMG_5694.JPG

IMG_5690.JPG

• Like 7

I think the JCB showed the NH up Joe,  A L Lee farm in excess of 10,000 acres these days and have been very loyal to the local NH branch for the most part.  They run approx 20+ T7210s all current shape and hire in another 10+ in the busy harvesting months.  They used to have big Fords (8970s) but once JD got a foot in the door everything above 165hp is now Green & Yellow.  And Claas pinched the combine business a dozen years ago.  Im told the smaller tractors will remain blue as long as they are cheaper than JD. Ernest DOEs always go more than the extra mile for them as well.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

The first out in the field shot of a new MF 8.265s  being hired by Gs, still looks wrong!

Challenger 765E on hire.   JD9620RX prepping Maize seedbeds with superb Dalbo 1230 Rollomax😍

One of Bill Legges three Fendt 936s on liquid fertilizer duties in front of the potato planting gang.

Waldersley Farms new 8R 410 power harroing with 8metre Maschio in front of Maize gang.

Garrets new Fendt 724 and new black Valtra.

IMG_5741.JPG

IMG_5753.JPG

IMG_5759.JPG

IMG_5770.JPG

IMG_5777.JPG

IMG_5778.JPG

IMG_5801.JPG

• Like 7

• 4 months later...

On with this years harvest...............Claas 600 + new Puma 165..........Claas 7600tt  and Claas van...............Claas  6900tt  plus a rare Massey 7499.

Mint condition 2013 Claas 770  with unusual header ,,,,,,,,,plus NH T7.315 in crop of ??

P1080898.JPG

IMG_5865.JPG

IMG_5863.JPG

IMG_5884.JPG

IMG_5887.JPG

IMG_5873.JPG

IMG_5875.JPG

P1080906.JPG

Edited by phil phoenix
  • Like 3

I popped over to Eubrink Farms to see their two new JD X9s, took a few shots then the Camera battery packed up😠........some choice language followed as I realized I had forgotten to replace them before harvest season.  Eubrinks have kept one of their 3 old Claas 780s to help the JDs harvest 7000 acres but frankly they didnt need to as X9s would boss it on their own im sure.  They also have two 9RXs, a new 8RX, 8400, 2 x 8370Rs, and 3 Fendt 900s so no shortage of power there then😄

IMG_5847.JPG

IMG_5848.JPG

IMG_5845.JPG

• Like 2

Looking at the size of all that kit compared to what we generally see up here makes you realise it’s a different world down your way Phil. I love that picture of the X9 with the two swans in the foreground, could see that in a JD calendar!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John, Yes lots of big kit around these parts, lots of cereals, tons of Veg and a huge Maize acreage.  6 x JD X9s for this season working from farms between 2 and 15 miles from where Im sitting😎, thats why I moved here, its one of the best places for agmachinery in the country.

My last combine shots this year were of one of Caley Farms X9s plus a nice new 6250R working out back of St Germans village, Kings Lynn.  Theres 4 X9s in this village on two farms and also JD dealer JW Doubledays depot.

IMG_6068.JPG

IMG_6053.JPG

IMG_6079.JPG

IMG_6059.JPG

IMG_6069.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The two leek fields at the back of my village finally got cut 10 days ago, some 10 months after they were planted!!  Which left me wondering what crop would be following them...................then this tuesday I found out when the maize contractors sent down a CASE Quadtrac 620 and cultivator...............im not sure how they got it down the lane, but they did😄

IMG_6604.JPG

• Like 4

One of the local potato growers have just added a new tractor to their John Deere fleet..................Drum roll please...........................Its a Deutz Fahr 7250 TVV

The driver reckoned they bought it because of its superior speed (60Kmh) to any JD & front disc brakes which make it the nearest thing to a Fastrac, but better in the field.

Collings Brothers have sold at least 6 black 7250s in just over a year, plus as many 8280s and a few 6215s plus plenty of smaller machines.

plus a nice DeWulf planter as well. 

IMG_6638.JPG

IMG_6649.JPG

IMG_6658.JPG

IMG_6650.JPG

• Like 4