Combining

John C

aren'nt them bales stacked to high on the trailer. just looks to high for the 1:32 scale.

i too am planning to do a model farm like yours.

i was thinking about crops.

I was gonna look for a straw door mat where the pile is quite compact.

I was gonna lower the mat below the height of the ground level so that the stuble doesn't seem to high and out of scale.

i was gonna use plaster of paris mixed with brown paint. and then put on as a ploughed field. I would need to go over the plaster as it starts to set with an old plough.  I hope this will give the affect of a ploughed field.

I haven't tested these meathods yet.

Excellent display John.

Goodhead - I've done some testing and the model ploughs aren't really designed to turn over a sod. They get clogged up and lift up way too easy.

I've found that some modelling tools can give a nice furrow, but haven't figured out how to get a 5 furrow or 4 furrow "set" over a large area.

The best plan I have come up with is to make a plough like device with shallow flat mouldboards and a top-link type attachment to push against the back of the tractor to stop it lifting. If it was hitched to a remote controlled tractor it would make it very straightforward to get the required effect.

that would be cool, then we could somehow have a working combine that could cut it and place it as straw, doesnt have to thresh it, we could just pour in some kinda 'grain'.....now were talking!! :) :) :) (but are people listening??)

Guest Fendt pwr

One thing I was thinking of was to get a large borad or tray and have about 4mm of fine soil smoothed out over it and then add  grass seed and keep it damp untill it start's to grow up about 1 inch or so then spray it with round up to kill it off then it would look like wheat standing up in a feild when it killed off and went yellow.

One thing I was thinking of was to get a large borad or tray and have about 4mm of fine soil smoothed out over it and then add? grass seed and keep it damp untill it start's to grow up about 1 inch or so then spray it with round up to kill it off then it would look like wheat standing up in a feild when it killed off and went yellow.

thats what my garden looks like in places when i was killing a few to many weeds!. I like the door mat idea, i think its used alot by european modellers i think?

Guest Fendt pwr

The only thing you would have to be care full of is dropping a tray of soil inside on the carpet! :D :D :D

I'd get killed or wish i was dead if I did that.

IM surprised if he has an insurance policy his name has proberly been handed round all the insurance people saying do not give insurance to this man otherwise he will sink your company with burnt out bits of machinery  :D :D ;D

aren'nt them bales stacked to high on the trailer. just looks to high for the 1:32 scale.

i too am planning to do a model farm like yours.

i was thinking about crops.

I was gonna look for a straw door mat where the pile is quite compact.

I was gonna lower the mat below the height of the ground level so that the stuble doesn't seem to high and out of scale.

i was gonna use plaster of paris mixed with brown paint. and then put on as a ploughed field. I would need to go over the plaster as it starts to set with an old plough.? I hope this will give the affect of a ploughed field.

I haven't tested these meathods yet.

Sounds Like a good Idea. The bales are the Suki which are smaller than the britains ones and are stacked three high i see what you mean they do look quite high.

john