Britains 2022 releases

ford man

• 3 weeks later...

Britains have been running a poll on Facebook to find out which of their classic models could be relaunched next year.

The options were David Brown 990, Ford 5000, Massey 6140, and Valtra Valmet 8000.  The Valtra won surprisingly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

Britains have been running a poll on Facebook to find out which of their classic models could be relaunched next year.

The options were David Brown 990, Ford 5000, Massey 6140, and Valtra Valmet 8000.  The Valtra won surprisingly.

The options were not great IMHO. Didn't know the Valtra had won but as you say not surprising realy. All they have to do is chuck a different colour in with the plastic granules before moulding, job done

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, super6 said:

The options were not great IMHO. Didn't know the Valtra had won but as you say not surprising realy. All they have to do is chuck a different colour in with the plastic granules before moulding, job done

Do you think they will release it as it was or re tool the whole thing ?  My guess is they will release the 5000 and David brown again anyway.   Depending on how they do the valtra they might do the Massey afterwards 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CX820Joe said:

I know I’m very biases, but it’s brilliant that the valtra 8000 series is being made again. I know people won’t agree with me. See, I grew up with them and had a chance (over 4 years) to work for one of the dealers that brought them first into Ireland. 

They say on the Facebook page that it will be 're-created' - I assume that means they will retool it, and it won't be the old one in a new box.

I hope they make a decent job of it (no Siku front hitch please) as I'm surprised no one else has done that Valtra model so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CX820Joe said:

They say on the Facebook page that it will be 're-created' - I assume that means they will retool it, and it won't be the old one in a new box.

I hope they make a decent job of it (no Siku front hitch please) as I'm surprised no one else has done that Valtra model so far.

I think the same. Maybe Britains only have the licence for it 

That Valmet 8000 goes back almost 25 years. Is that saying Britains can reproduce anything they have had in the past... and I mean anything.. Just find the Valmet so random. 

Is it going to be the very same as the one below from 1997 or will it be a whole new tooling and moulds for them and given the Hertiage branding.. Basicly like the PowerFarm Ford TW vs the Heritage Ford TW. 

IMG_20211025_233928.jpg

Edited by justy 46

8 hours ago, justy 46 said:

That Valmet 8000 goes back almost 25 years. Is that saying Britains can reproduce anything they have had in the past... and I mean anything.. Just find the Valmet so random. 

Is it going to be the very same as the one below from 1997 or will it be a whole new tooling and moulds for them and given the Hertiage branding.. Basicly like the PowerFarm Ford TW vs the Heritage Ford TW. 

IMG_20211025_233928.jpg

I'm pretty sure anything not issued after around 1998 was destroyed or part lost with the factory moves etc. Hopefully it'll be new tooling if done but also hope they steer away from this retrospective type of production. At least on a regular basis although with how the Fordson has gone, I'd imagine the marketing minds at Tomy aren't too concerned with what is done now. They have some great items they can potentially produce from fairly modern tooling releases with the licenses they have. 

• Like 2

A nice up to date model of the Valmet would be good and might just get me to buy a Britains tractor model :ph34r:

If its just a rehash of the original then I will give it a wide berth 😆

Edited by b_emmons
  • Like 1