Some older MF Tractors

jdc

Nice looking 178,don't look like it's working on a farm any more either that or the guy realy knows how to look after his kit.

Very frist time I drove a 178 in my life I lifted back arms up and they would'nt come down again,tractor had to be split because of that turns out the amount of metal floating around in the back end was to blame  :(

Love the 178. Never even heard of a 130 only the later 230's. Is that a Unimog in one of the photo's aswell? What was the occasion then boss?

Just a local show the enthusiasts have every year to raise some dosh for the local hospital.

It is a Unimog but I haven't a photo - sorry.

Were the 130's not the slightly lower powered French equivalent to the 135?

Looking at that one, very few of the castings were even close to a 135. We wondered if it had something to do with Landini??

MARKY?? :)

The 130 was primarily based for the continent and the fruit growers out there as it was alot more compact then the 135.  And it was built at the beauvais plant in france not here in england

What Massey COPIED it  ???  :D :D :D

Naw  :)

Massey completely owned Landini from 1959 -89 and all the MF vineyard tractors (and some tracklayers) were rebadged Landinis. Explains why Landinis look like MF 300s too  ;)

shame about no Mog photo. good looking masseys though.

my boss has got a 130 uses it to mow round the yard 4cyl engine and different brakes to a 135 we thought Mercedes parts were expensive but brake pads for a 130 are excessive!

due to the exchange rate years ago the 130 worked out nearly as dear as buying a bigger 135 thats why theres not many about

Lovely pics....

The 130 was fitst introduced with the launch of the 100 range in the UK... it was quickly withdrawn due to it's lack of sales... which Massey's put down to it's low power rating... it had a 4 cyl Perkins (A4 107 I think  :-\)... Now that is one Massey that wouldn't pull a hen off it's nest

That model was the real basic model which was available without headlights (yes they were an option in France)

Lovely pics....

The 130 was fitst introduced with the launch of the 100 range in the UK... it was quickly withdrawn due to it's lack of sales... which Massey's put down to it's low power rating... it had a 4 cyl Perkins (A4 107 I think  :-\)... Now that is one Massey that wouldn't pull a hen off it's nest

That model was the real basic model which was available without headlights (yes they were an option in France)

wern't they the only euro 100 series model still offered with a petrol engine as well ?

Wouldn't be at all surprised. It was also the 133 with a 3 cyl Perkins in France and the 132 with a 2cyl (can't remember the name, but German engine) in Germany and a couple more that I also can't remember  :)

wern't they the only euro 100 series model still offered with a petrol engine as well ?

In the UK it was only offered in the diesel spec (A4 107 - 30hp)...

The Germans had the 132 with a 2cyl Eicher EDK air cooled diesel (making supprisingly... 34hp)

The French also had ... 133 (Perkins AD3 144) (37.5hp)

There was also a 122 which had the perkins A4-99 engine (24hp)

and the **** had a 125 which had a Mitsubishi KE135 water cooled 2 cyl engine making 25hp

Special thanks to John Farnworth's book  ;D