Ranking system?

Johny mf

Question

Hello.

It is bin a while sinds i was here on FTF.

I am a member sinds 2007 also mase a lot of topics and posts,and i noticed that there is an ranking system introduced.

So curently i am ranked as a newby.

Dousnt matter to me but my question is why is there a ranking system? 

Is it to show to People this man/female is new? Or what is it supposed to add to the forum.

Just curious so dont see this as a atack to the forum. 

Kind regards Johny

7 answers to this question

i think it just came as part of a recent server/ domain refresh we went through mate , so kind of out of our hands. certainly nothing we have or wanted to impose, i apparently have only just made “ a level 8/14 regular contributor” ? no idea what it means 😆😆 have even recived some badges against me ?.

ps dont worry we wont tell anyone your really a woman either 😜😆😆😆😆

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, robbo said:

Hi Jonny

I think Sean is right, it came as part of an upgrade, everyone went back to being a newbie again, even the moderators although we are not called that anymore either 🤔 

As long as you are not called late for lunch so i am told it do not matter . I have been called a few things in the past but thats another story😁

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, smithy said:

As long as you are not called late for lunch so i am told it do not matter . I have been called a few things in the past but thats another story😁

ps, i did have to read the title of this post twice to make sure i was on the right forum 😬

• Haha 2

Thanks for the awnsers!

I just was curious.

And maybe my English is a litle bit rusty so apoligies for some errors in my spelling!

Ok my questions are awnserd it has no meaning the badges and so!

2 uren geleden, Tractorman810 zei:

i think it just came as part of a recent server/ domain refresh we went through mate , so kind of out of our hands. certainly nothing we have or wanted to impose, i apparently have only just made “ a level 8/14 regular contributor” ? no idea what it means 😆😆 have even recived some badges against me ?.

ps dont worry we wont tell anyone your really a woman either 😜😆😆😆😆

Ssssshhhh🤐 dont say that out loud Sean that i am a (Fe)male😆

Kind regards Johny  and from my GF Sandra to all the guys she knows from Zwolle LCN show!

• Like 5

On 11/13/2021 at 5:16 PM, robbo said:

Hi Jonny

I think Sean is right, it came as part of an upgrade, everyone went back to being a newbie again, even the moderators although we are not called that anymore either 🤔 

To be honest I didn't know you could turn it off but apparently you can so I have disabled it. Whilst I don't believe it's a completely useless system, from past experiences, mature forums with well behaved members run better without them! 

• Like 2