What's your latest General Buy 2022

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

gen 2 apple pencil, ready for some cad software, time to have a play, also looking at printers,but want to have a go at the software first before comitting 

Good luck Sean, I'm really pleased I decided to try that RSDesignspark, For 7 years I've been relying on web sites that host .stl files, But now I just fire up RS and sketch anything I need, I'm amazed how simple it is once you get the knack, Never imagined I would be able to say that.

Regards 

Joe. 

37 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

Good luck Sean, I'm really pleased I decided to try that RSDesignspark, For 7 years I've been relying on web sites that host .stl files, But now I just fire up RS and sketch anything I need, I'm amazed how simple it is once you get the knack, Never imagined I would be able to say that.

Regards 

Joe. 

this ones a very pencil and apple aimed one, all touch screen  and stuff, so hopefully it will be ok, will download the free one first,have a go then decide, i updated the i pad last year heading towards this .

• Like 1

Each to they're own Sean, personally I prefer Windows because it is compatible with everything else and I dislike touch screens as well, Mouse and monitor are my weapons of choice, especially my wireless finger mouse always there when you need it,

Regards

Joe. 

Finger mouse.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

getting a bit serious now, gone and bought a ender 3 pro 3 d printer, must be mad 😀😀😀

A wee bird told me you were getting one, You'll have no regrets there Sean excellent printer that it has Creality's brand new extruder so it can print flexible you can print your own tyres now, But I would suggest you get 3 / 4 sticks of Tombow glue sticks similar to Pritt but harder like candles go's further than print, And you'll need to watch a few Ender 3 pro bed levelling tutorials as you prints are only as good as your first layer very similar to laying brick's, ??.

Regards

Joe.

13 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

A wee bird told me you were getting one, You'll have no regrets there Sean excellent printer that it has Creality's brand new extruder so it can print flexible you can print your own tyres now, But I would suggest you get 3 / 4 sticks of Tombow glue sticks similar to Pritt but harder like candles go's further than print, And you'll need to watch a few Ender 3 pro bed levelling tutorials as you prints are only as good as your first layer very similar to laying brick's, ??.

Regards

Joe.

glue?? whats that all about, the leveling is  ok, but it doesnt mention glue, as for tyres, i may have a goat some point , but i prefer rubber tyres which means casting , and right now, james tepers small implement ones look to be a spot on match size wise anyway. 

No no no, do a test print first from the gcode files on the SD card you'll find it in the wee bag with the filament samples in a little white SD card holder try one of them first, Also I've just noticed there are supports under your drawbar you'll need to enable supports for that print.

Regards

Joe.

2 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

its here 😀😀😀

C0AE7E70-C5CD-4027-B270-F233A7D1FF55.jpeg

I’m sure it’ll be a doddle assembling it for someone of your background Sean, but I have to say I found it a bloody nightmare doing our Emily’s. Mind you, it was Christmas morning and I’d already had two glasses of Prosecco, so that might have slowed me down a bit😉

9 minutes ago, 844john said:

I’m sure it’ll be a doddle assembling it for someone of your background Sean, but I have to say I found it a bloody nightmare doing our Emily’s. Mind you, it was Christmas morning and I’d already had two glasses of Prosecco, so that might have slowed me down a bit😉

Sorry John I could have helped you out there, There is a video on the SD card that show's you how to assemble it,

Regards

Joe.

13 hours ago, 844john said:

Doing it friday all being well john, got 5 days off so may even get a print or two off it 😆prob upside down and back to front

• Haha 1

Yes, liked the look of the direct drive head on it after doing research about printing flexible filaments. 

That was my thought, already found some 1/32 parts for beet harvesters on the various 3D sites.