1 32 Siku JOHN DEERE 8R.370

P1090067.JPG.c3cdb5324aac5220312b7cfa66b500e4.JPG

When I bought this JD there was no mention of a superior Wiking version coming out which was a bit annoying, however I would prefer to have the 8370 version so over xmas I decided to see how much I could improve the basic version. I started by removing the cab interior and detail painting it, then painted on the missing black parts on the bonnet and around both sets of cab steps. Then sourced an Siku JD 8360R and pinched the wheels of it and front tyres. Rear tyres were off a Wiking 6250R which have more detail and just about fit. Had to paint the wing mirrors green, detail paint most of the lights, sprayed the wheels yellow and created a bar axle effect for the rears. painted the fenders and cab a reasonably close match shade of green. Added some detail above the rear link arms. Painted and added a driver. Glued on a front wind screen wiper, plus a door handle. And today Ive cut, bent and fixed on a series of copper grab handles. Just got to paint them and the front toolbox next😎

P1090090.JPG

P1090088.JPG

P1090091.JPG

P1090089.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Looking good, will be interesting to see the comparison to the wiking version.  

I was in the same position with the Ertl John Deere 9570RX, where I detailed it all up and then Wiking released their version.  I am now hoping for Wiking to release a 9RX.620, so I don't end up with two of the same model.  

• 3 weeks later...