Zwolle 2022, ON

catkom3

Apparently Zwolle 2022 is going ahead according to the LCN Forum,

https://www.agrarmodellbau.de/forum/index.php?thread/967331-zwolle-2022/

Translation,

This year there will be another stock exchange in Zwolle on November 26th and 27th.

Yours Dieter

Regards

Joe.

Edited by catkom3
  • Like 6

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, mr softie said:

looking forward to getting to holland again great place and great people

Will be good to see you again Brian, are you in The Lumen with the rest of us and can you block book the Chinese buffet please

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Goodiestractor said:

Zwolle here we come,who else will be getting excited or am I alone with this. David the Twitcher, Robbo, Smithy, Softie, and many others you will all have to go without heating during the winter if you do go.

Moved this one into the Zwolle topic rather than the Moira one but yes, we are all gearing up for the Zwolle show now. The rooms are booked and I will be booking the ferry shortly. Going to be 4 of us in my car so not much room to bring back the loot, (David, I'm talking to you 😁). We have already decided that everything that we buy will only cost 10 euros to try and get around the import duties otherwise it is likely to cost us a fortune 😜

Andy is also hoping to have a stand at the show but apparently there are some Covid proof requirements to take into account, we are looking into this to see if it is only the stallholders or the punters as well.

• Like 3

10 euro. ha,

Why do I foresee this appearing on border force in a few years time:-

I bought the front tyres from them, the front axle from someone else, rims from those 2 over there, half a chassis from them, the other chassis from them over there. I helped someone cross the road, they dropped the bonnet, The Cab mysteriously appeared albeit upside down.

The labour cost: well I bought the glue and assembled while waiting in the queue.

The value: well nobody will want it after I have started on it.....

Edited by and2go
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Goodiestractor said:

Just remember we have Spalding first, it will be good to catch up with you all.

Not going to make Spalding unfortunately, I have a family wedding that weekend 

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Was thinking about this show the other day, it's always been  something I'd like to go to     out of interest how do the regulars do it.  Do you fly and hire a car or do you drive over ?  How does it work for getting models back etc       would be nice to get a little heads up on how to do it 

10 hours ago, CallumC said:

Was thinking about this show the other day, it's always been  something I'd like to go to     out of interest how do the regulars do it.  Do you fly and hire a car or do you drive over ?  How does it work for getting models back etc       would be nice to get a little heads up on how to do it 

There are a number of ways, depending on what suits you the best.

You can go through the tunnel but, you then have a 5 hour drive the other side through France and Belgium before you get to Holland. To be fair, it is good roads and dual carriageway all the way, we have done it that way several times. If you are going for the 2 days then you might have to leave around midday on the Sunday to get back to the ferry terminal at a reasonable time

We now take the overnight ferry from Harwich to the Hook of Holland. it is then around a 2 hour drive to Zwolle and again, all dual carriageway. This is slightly more expensive but less fuel and a lot more relaxing. It also means that we can stay until the show finishes on the Sunday as it is easy to get back to the ferry terminal in time for the sailing back to the UK. There are other sailings to the Hook of Holland and Zeebrugge from Hull but it would depend on where you are based, not sure if there are any from Scotland as I have never had to look from that way.

You can fly to Amsterdam and then either hire a car or get a train on the other side, we have never done it this way and you would not be able to bring much back with you unless someone that you know is taking a car. I am also not sure of the timings and how you would do it, sorry.

I am not sure if you are connected to Brian Stewart (Mr Softie) on social media but he would be the best person to advise on travel from Scotland, I haven't seen him on FTF for quite a while.

You would also have to factor in overnight stays, Friday and Saturday, most of us stay at The Lumen Hotel in Zwolle, it is only 5-10 minutes to the show hall and there is an "all you can eat" Chinese buffet around 100 metres away. There are of course, other hotels in the area, I think that others have stayed at The Campanile but not sure where that is exactly in relation to the hall.

Hope this helps

• Like 4

On the two occasions when I travelled, I flew into Amsterdam on the Friday and sayed in an hotel there. I took the train to Zwolle on the Saturday morning. There is (was) a direct service every hour(?) from Amsterdam Central Station to Zwolle. The station in Zwolle is 5 minutes walk from the Ijssenhallen.

Edited by SPN
  • Like 2

So I suppose it all comes down to how much you plan on taking home haha    if you could make sure everything was packed as safe as possible then flying would likely be a good move  (especially for me as I could get a flight not far from home) but you would have to behave with how much you bought ( not sure I've got enough willpower haha)     then we have car and boat for when you plan on a big spending spre and I suppose you know exactly how things are being transported (for the more expensive models/scratch built)     I dare say I'd have to decide when I'm going what to do  but from what yous have said it does sound like an easy enough trip with plenty options 

19 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

Its always down to how much you bring back 😆😆😆 once you go you will soon see the worlds your oyster , just ask our david , we usually end up squashed in with his buys, he tends to go of the rails a smidge as mike will confirm 😆😆

Understatement of the week, a smidge? Just unfortunate that I haven't got a trailer he would fill that if he could. Having said that, I remember seeing Brian's car packed to the roof

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, robbo said:

Understatement of the week, a smidge? Just unfortunate that I haven't got a trailer he would fill that if he could. Having said that, I remember seeing Brian's car packed to the roof

There you go Mike, not sure of the year mind, Brian's car

Regards

Joe.

Brians car 2.jpg

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, robbo said:

If i remember rightly he had also somehow managed to get dougie and young mark in that as well from memory 

• Like 2

On 9/15/2022 at 9:34 PM, CallumC said:

goodevening Callum i travel to zwolle via the newcastle to amsterdam ferry , its an overnight crossing leave at 5pm and arrive the otherside at 0900 ish . and 530pm leaving holland , i make a holiday of it ans spend a few nighrs in Zwolle its great to catch up with many like minded collectors at the show and in the gotel after the show once at amsterdam its abouyt an hour and a half drive to Zwolle, i used to drive down to dover and across and drive the five hours at the otherside but worked out the more expensive ferry from newcastle actually worked out a lot cheaper in the long run than the long trip to dover 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, mr softie said:

goodevening Callum i travel to zwolle via the newcastle to amsterdam ferry , its an overnight crossing leave at 5pm and arrive the otherside at 0900 ish . and 530pm leaving holland , i make a holiday of it ans spend a few nighrs in Zwolle its great to catch up with many like minded collectors at the show and in the gotel after the show once at amsterdam its abouyt an hour and a half drive to Zwolle, i used to drive down to dover and across and drive the five hours at the otherside but worked out the more expensive ferry from newcastle actually worked out a lot cheaper in the long run than the long trip to dover 

Yea by the sounds of things the Newcastle ferry or flying would be my best options    thanks for replying 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The LCN Club have announced that their next Clubmodel will be based on the Landini 6500 and will be available in 4 variants. Only Club members can order but, as membership is 40 euros a year I think that might be a worthwhile investment especially as you get the Club magazine 

FB_IMG_1667672135718.jpg

• Like 4

Bit of further info regarding the LCN Club shows.

This is the final year that the show will be held at the Ijsellhallen in Zwolle. The venue is being closed down the the site is being re-developed so we are seeing a bit of history in the making.

However, that is not the end of the LCN Club show and, in 2023, they have found a new venue in Houten, just south of Utrecht. The plus side is that the hall is a similar size to the Ijsellhallen and so there should be a similar number of traders and exhibits. The downside is that it is costing them more to hire it and so the entry fee and the exhibitors fees are likely to go up. There is also less parking available at the hall.

They have been unable to book the usual November dates and so the show date is going to be September, I am trying to get the exact dates and I will update as soon as I have them unless someone on here has access to the club magazine as apparently, the dates are in there.

• Like 5