Tractor Challenge 2006!

ihatepoundland

Nothing that big, couldn't be wider than the tractor anyway and the headlands meant 5 furrows was fairly tricky with tractors on the inside/outside of the turn. There were a few Simba like things and a mole plough behind a D* Cat, they'd be the largest I'd guess. biggest tractor was the FW-30....you wait for one to come along..... ;D (Does it get better than that!?)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with that (if its for charity and you take pictures  ;D ) if you beat it, we'll only have to try again and that means more tractors

We'll show those Aussies a thing or two about tractors and I bet you there wasn't a tractor lawnmower in sight unlike the Challenge's in the southern hemisphere.  ;)

I'll take pics alright don't you worry - now that I've got my digital camera.

No 100% confirmation that its going ahead yet.  :(

I heard that the Irish have got 4000 signed up already!!

I would well believe it Nigel - its generating a lot of talk over here but i still haven't heard any confirmation of what's happening. Let's hope that it's not a story that has gained a lot of legs with time.

bet half of them don't have tractor to  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Smart ass  :D;D;)

I have a call in to someone in Fingal. I'll report as soon as I hear something.

I'd imagine we'll be trying to break 5000, and it should be no bother either!

Sean; I have three tractors lined up to go. You are more than welcome to come over and drive one - the MF168 maybe?

I have a call in to someone in Fingal. I'll report as soon as I hear something.

I'd imagine we'll be trying to break 5000, and it should be no bother either!

Sean; I have three tractors lined up to go. You are more than welcome to come over and drive one - the MF168 maybe?

Good man Stan keep us informed anyway.

Will have to try and persuade my neighbour to bring his 168 and more importantly my father to get the 3000 kind off going a bit safer for it.  ;)

5000 - that'll end all this world record attempt lark.  :D :D ;D

Cant believe I missed it, bet that ground is going to need some serious subsoiling now mind!! What an event to see, the smoke, noise, variation of kit. . .. .. AND I MISSED IT!!!!

Lovelly photo's though, good man. You'll have to set up a site like NH and FB have done with their photo's.