VALTRA thread.

phil phoenix

I thought it might be fun to start a Valtra thread, as their 50+ year rise from a basic unremarkable foreign tractor maker into the modern day's coolest brand, available in any colour and configuration has been amazing.

I only started paying attention to them when they brought out the 3 series facelift models in 2013. So thought I would put up a nice video from Normac 2014 of mostly Valtra's working😎

Edited by phil phoenix
  • Like 2

I have next to no pictures of older Valtra's, I wish I had taken more of this nice blue facelift model at Grassland rather than the new at the time MF7626.

G's near Wissington started buying dark green Valtra's back in 2013 with this T183, they ended up with half a dozen of these by 2015 and now have at least 12 new shape T's & N's all in the same dark green.

Best of plus Oct 2013 022.JPG

Grassland 2014 lumix 023.JPG

• Like 1

My earliest Valtra T pictures of the T4 (fat exhaust version) from 2016- early 2019.

The first T4 to arrive at TNS after they took on the franchise was a blue demo machine, and subsequently it took them 7 years to sell their first blue ones locally with a couple going out lately with black rims.  95% of Valtras leaving Littleport TNS branch were either black or grey until the past couple of years.

I wasn't seeing many about working locally until 2019. And notice none are on black rims, wherea's now most post 2020 machines round here are on black rims. 

TNS valtra, MF model bonnets 002.JPG

P1060117.JPG

P1060540.JPG

P1070062.JPG

P1070470.JPG

P1070471.JPG

P1070664.JPG

P1070670.JPG

P1070705.JPG

P1070704.JPG

P1070720.JPG

P1070725.JPG

• Like 1

One of a few new Valtra's on my patch this month, A brand new T255 which replaced a 4yr old black one. It was planting covercrop in fen soils to stop fen blow during summer. And just coming up the road as I took the picture was their other Valtra, a black & white T194 with the sugar beet drill.

IMG_7202.JPG

IMG_7198.JPG

• Like 4

G Shropshires known as Gs Salads have multi thousand acres of land with many different makes of tractors, owned & hired in.  On one farm near Wissington Beet factory they have a fleet of at least a dozen green Valtra's, Ns & Ts, here are some of the photo's from recent years.

IMG_3740.JPG

IMG_3836.JPG

IMG_3838.JPG

IMG_3920.JPG

IMG_3928.JPG

IMG_3931.JPG

IMG_3921.JPG

IMG_4735.JPG

IMG_6333.JPG

Edited by phil phoenix
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All,

Wish I had something positive to contribute to this thread but I have no idea how far I would have to go to see a valmet/valtra here in north America. There was a dealership not far from where I lived in Alberta but it's gone. The dealerships seem to have disappeared. There is however it appears to me a slow steady infiltration of fendt dealers - nothing wrong with fendt. Grainnews had an article presenting fendt as the Cadillac brand as compared to Massey ferguson which would be the lower level budget brand. Would this be a deliberate Agco corporate strategy to gain market share for fendt since valmet/valtra apparently failed to do so? I found that interesting.

There are maybe - just guessing - a couple hundred valmet/valtra for sale in north America and I'm sure there are more in use. What they do for parts/service I've no idea. Do other Agco dealers support valmet/valtra to at least supply parts? 

kind of a bummer since valmet valtra is a favorite of mine.

-Ed-

• 2 weeks later...