New style decal's

James Joe Dewar

Just watched a very interesting video on Facebook by Universemini, kinda the French equivalent of Farmmodels nl of a new "sticker machine" printer I guess where the decal appears to be printed back to front on tape like Sellotape, then you use that tape to position the decal exactly where you want it and peel of the tape leaveing the decal firmly stuck just where you want it, Here is a Facebook video, and a few screegrab's off of it,

https://www.facebook.com/UniversMini

Regards

Joe.  

Universemini 1.jpg

Universemini 2.jpg

Universemini 3.jpg

Universemini 4.jpg

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, phil phoenix said:

I used the farm models nl stickers for my Fendt 724/ 722's and they look super, but I like the idea above for even more control and accuracy.

I was unaware that a self propelled green rogator had been made?

It hasn’t but I’ve seen a few converted from the Challenger Rogator with the cab off a Katana forager (I think)

Edited by CX820Joe

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

Due to my FaceBook-activities, which i strictly use for scalemodelling and hobby-use, i have been in contact with a person looking for testing-possibilities, in order to try-out a new way of making decals. And i must say i was quite enthousiastic at first, i only found the glue very strong, which was visible when a decal was taken off from its basis.
We agreed to stay in contact but he's very busy at the moment, replying they are buildig a website to order any kind of decal you need.

I'll attach you a picture from one of my tests!
As you can see in the triangle of the letter "A", there's still a little bit of glue left behind (on the right).
They replied that they were in contact with the glue-supplier, and they would solve the issue.

If there's any news on this, i'll inform you again!

Have a nice weekend!

BR
Jan

afbeelding.thumb.png.bb071eb0ea967d92146b63bd97ddab22.png

• Like 1

On 2/27/2024 at 11:08 AM, Stabliofarmer said:

Looks interesting Jan, I'm guessing there will be issues with the glue going much smaller than the size you have there?

HiJames,

Forunately it is indeed! The movie sort of increases the view, but it was meant to be like that, for communication purposes to the manufacturer of the decals.
I was one of a testing-crew, and they needed a well-based opinion on this new product.

Hope there will be some good news from them soon!

Best regards,

Jan

• Like 1

This is a very interesting developement in decals, They look as if they have some profile in them, Rounded as opposed to flat, And I can't help wondering if rubbing over them after their applied with a cotton bud with a tiny amount of Isopropyl alcohol might help remove the residual adhesive, Also going by the reflection of your thumb on the display case would I be right thinging that D8 is 1/25th scale,??

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

Hi Joe,

You're right. My D8K is made in scale 1/25.
And about the tip you gave: i am in contact with the supplier about this: they admitted that the strenght of the glue was too high, and they would go and have contact with their glue-supplier.
Since they're very busy at the moment, this project is put 'on-hold' for a while.
But when we will continue, i will try to remember posting some new developments.
And indeed: the decals are  a bit profiled, which i like on a scale of 1/25, but what about using them on 1/87.............

We'll see.

Have a nice day!

BR
Jan

Cheers Jan, Yes I did think the problem would be exacerbated if you went to smaller scale, The 1/50 scale guy's would love these decals,I would think even some of the "bespoke" model producers might show some interest if the "bug's" could be sorted, As a matter of interest are you on Facebook, ??

Regards

Joe.