UK Potato harvesting in a swamp with a large Ploeger 4 row.

phil phoenix

theres more Stewart trailers down here than you think joe, i know at least 2 jd dealers that are also dealers for them, one in Devon and another down west in Cornwall , not seen many silage ones, but plenty of grain ones are about. the devon one does a good few brands inc rolland 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

theres more Stewart trailers down here than you think joe, i know at least 2 jd dealers that are also dealers for them, one in Devon and another down west in Cornwall , not seen many silage ones, but plenty of grain ones are about. the devon one does a good few brands inc rolland 

There’s a Stewart silage trailer in mid Devon. Mainly Richard westerns here now. 

• Like 1

Pete 132:  Would Stewart trailers be the most popular root crop trailer on the market?

Not around the fens they aren't,  by far and away Richard Larrington "orange" root crop trailers are the most popular & dominate in this area.  Then Bailey and Richard Western mop up most of the rest.  Stewart and HM seem to be popular with cereals growers.

Lots of hired in maize trailers locally, Richard Western top the tree followed by Bailey and Stewart.  Richard Larrington again very popular with those farmers who have bought their own maize trailers. Also hoardes of Irish owner drivers turn up for contract works with their own rigs & Irish brand trailers like Kane, Heron,  Broughan etc.  As for tri axle units I only know of a few around here and they are Richard Larrington's.

P1010109.JPG

P1010102.JPG

• Like 3

Yes the R.L are top spec trailers, just wish that customers bought the rootcrops in a different colour as orange isn't a very impacting or eye catching colour. Virtually all the root trailer around here are orange, and we are talking easily 100 trailers on my patch!!  And yet R.L grain or maize or tri axle trailers in the locality are black, blue, green, yellow, red,  you name it.................but not root crops, very strange.

8 hours ago, phil phoenix said:

Yes the R.L are top spec trailers, just wish that customers bought the rootcrops in a different colour as orange isn't a very impacting or eye catching colour. Virtually all the root trailer around here are orange, and we are talking easily 100 trailers on my patch!!  And yet R.L grain or maize or tri axle trailers in the locality are black, blue, green, yellow, red,  you name it.................but not root crops, very strange.

He wont sell them in any other colour ,gets really upset if you ask 

• Like 1

Not exactly sure but it was his main trailer and its orange , Richard Larrington is a character ,i have been there when someone asked about a different colour and he asked them to leave his stand , i was with him one day on his stand and a young lad was twanging a pipe on one of his trailers he was not happy i leant a few words that day