What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

First day of my two week holiday from work and, yep, you guessed it, I've been into work putting fertiliser on 5 acres of backward spuds first thing for an hour and also to be there in case my trainee irrigator chap needed assistance and just back in from another 2 hour stint moving one of the irrigators with him, couple of hours break now before going back to supervise moving the other irrigator again. He's got the hang of it but these two moves and the next two are not straight forward ones so he asked for some supervision............which will equal beer next time we go to the pub ;D ;D

sounds good trissy, where abouts is it then ???

Redhill, Alvis Contracting - the Alvis family own Wyke Farms and produce cheeses under this name. There are dairies, a piggery, farm shop.... 150 full time employees throughout the different businesses.

Just seen a couple of pictures of their TX at work in crimping Barley on FWi this morning Tris, would keep you out of trouble...............hmmmmm on second thoughts ;D ;D ;D ;D

nothing now, stepdaughter went into labour last night, or should i say 1 am this morn ,waters went at 9 pm, and shes  still up there, little bugger wont come out, sues worried as hell, didnt sleep after the call, and is pacing arround something terrible, won't go out to do anything despite the fact we have mobys each ,got a call about an hr ago, still no joy, shes been given epidurals ect, and is trying to sleep now, her fellas knackered,

nothing now, stepdaughter went into labour last night, or should i say 1 am this morn ,waters went at 9 pm, and shes  still up there, little bugger wont come out, sues worried as hell, didnt sleep after the call, and is pacing arround something terrible, won't go out to do anything despite the fact we have mobys each ,got a call about an hr ago, still no joy, shes been given epidurals ect, and is trying to sleep now, her fellas knackered,

always a slow old process with the first one mate.... I remember mine too well... ran out of reading material in the end  ::):D :D :D

Good luck and congratulations in advance to you and Sue.... GRANDAD  :P:-*

yeah i guess so, hes just rung again and still no joy, her proper dad is now worried, and wont belive what they are telling him so is going up?????? he cant do anything, and he will only get karrens back up ,can see this getting messy now

went to work at 4pm arrived at wedding reception at 5pm,  worked til 3am was in bed at 4am, up at 11am at work by 12pm worked 1-5pm at leicester county cricket club who were playings nottingham, pulled Ryan Sidebottom a pint of pedigree.

Had a lazy day today for once, cleaned the car and helped the good lady sort out and throw away some of the kids 100's of toys which seemed to have swamped our conservatory even though its 18Ft by 12Ft, and finally had the time to catch up on here after a month or so absense, Ive had a few issues to deal with, loosing a man at work so we were short of a plant fitter so have been working all hours, My gramp passing away at 84, so he's had a good inings as they say, but we have had his house to clear and prepare for sale, and another serious issue which I cannot discuss at the moment, but will be able to divulge in time, rest assured its nothing to do with myself or my health or my family directly. Happy to be back in the fold and should now be on more often. ;D

The little monkey will come out when he's/she's good and ready due dates are not an exact science, anyway they wont let it go on for too long before they will perform a cesarian, which my wife had for our first child Jack. Good luck and hope mother and child are well. ;)

yeah i guess so, hes just rung again and still no joy, her proper dad is now worried, and wont belive what they are telling him so is going up? ??? ?? he cant do anything, and he will only get karrens back up ,can see this getting messy now

Been up and down the Kennet and Avon Canal from Brassknocker Basin to Bradford and Avon and back as a Fathers Day present to Tracis dad. Picnic and wine along the way. Little electric cruiser, I may buy one myself - no wheels to polish!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Been up and down the Kennet and Avon Canal from Brassknocker Basin to Bradford and Avon and back as a Fathers Day present to Tracis dad. Picnic and wine along the way. Little electric cruiser, I may buy one myself - no wheels to polish!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Never thought of you as being a sailor;s boy Tris :of :of

well ten days late and 22 hrs of labour its out, or as karrend fella said when he rang," shes spat it out nana" ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  so i guess techincally i am now a step grandad??

Congrats you you and grandmother Sean ;) ;)