What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Cheers Brian I'm glad he is where he is...and I'm so so glad mum phoned the doctor against his wishes.

He will not now may be able to make No 6 shed on my plot for me but hell I'll sure he will be able to keep me right on how to hold a hammer ;D ;D

Today I had a little run down to Shaftesbury to the Wessex Sale ground. I took an MF6160, an MF3065, Ford 3000, a 3t trailer and a load of MF spares including a 590 cab. Quite a load even for the lowloader. I picked up an MF 50d digger on the way back. Then after dinner took a refurbished 698 2wd up to Faringdon :)

Tomorrow, Tilbury docks in an Isuzu going for export with a refurbished 165 in the back.

Another one of them long days today. Up at 03.30 and leaving my mates yard at 04.30 in the wee Isuzu. Got booked into Berth 31 at Tilbury Docks and left the truck there at 08.30 for the voyage to Mombassa (Africa) tomorrow. After a McDonalds breakfast, another of the firms chaps who followed me as far as the A13 but went inner M25 to deliver a tractor and disc plough picked me up. From Tilbury we headed for Clacket Lane where, after dropping two 7.5t Merc Ategos at Sheerness with the lowloader, we caught up with another bloke and piggy backed home. Pulled in the yard at 12.30. No hold ups anywhere, a really easy trip. Then I took the 6180 to Calne for 4t of calf feed and got held up while they had their weighbridge caliberated ::) Back at 4pm and then straight up to the firewood yard, load a truck up with 12" logs ready for tomorrow a.m, then made up 10 bags of kindling, checked the answer phone, rang back a dozen people and arranged deliveries . . . Finally getting home at 20:15. . . .

Good night! :-*

just got back from a lovely 6 day break in North Wales with Mrs F and the kids... lovely it was too  :-*  .. only spotted 3 Masseys all week mind you  :of

Bangor?

(think we need to be talking for that joke to work!!!)

Work with a Halloween theme today, shopping on here and now off to visit dad in hospital. Was moved from sloitary confinement in the Cornary Care Unit to a heart ward  today so hopefully he is over the worst and will soon back at home again.

Work with a Halloween theme today, shopping on here and now off to visit dad in hospital. Was moved from sloitary confinement in the Cornary Care Unit to a heart ward  today so hopefully he is over the worst and will soon back at home again.

Have I missed this Bill... I hope dad is ok mate  :of

Have I missed this Bill... I hope dad is ok mate  :of

Thankfully he is now on the mend Mark.

Wednesday he woke early with pains in one arm. Once up he had pains in other one so mum phoned doctor against his wishes. The lady doctor came round examined him and saw there was a heart problem and got him rushed by ambulance to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary ( fastest journey he's had to Aberdeen  even in comparison to me he laughs now). They got him in to the Cornary Care Unit when the heart stopped 3 times but they got him started with the jumps leads again 8)

He was taken to theatre where two metal stents were inserted in the arteries and by the time mum and me got in at 2pm he was looking good apart from being tired. He was moved out of solitarty before tea time yesterday so he is now on the home straight.

He has been told he can't drive for a month, no lifting and no digging the garden. I and mum have decided the back vegetable garden is going into grass and or chuckies since well he has had a warning and needs to heed.

well thank goodness for modern medical science then Bill... I'm glad he's on the mend.  Lets hope dad slows down a bit now then and takes this as his body's warning to him.

My mum had a triple bypass about 25 years ago (which they said would last approx 12 years at the time).. the operation was not so commonplace at the time and has now been superseeded by the stent so I believe  :-\ .... mums is still in good health I hasten to add.  I guess 25 years ago things would have been much worse for dad.. thank goodness for progress  :)

currently enduring my first rostered saturday at work, real pain as everyone else in this morn was on ot ,i am the only one in as a normal day, have no idea what 1 person would do for a emergency if it happened??if no one was in on ot.  most jobs also require 2 people anyway and since this started our weekday overtime has rocketed as we have more days off in the week so need to fill the holes??not even as if saturdays a diferent rate to weekdays, they are the same

well thank goodness for modern medical science then Bill... I'm glad he's on the mend.  Lets hope dad slows down a bit now then and takes this as his body's warning to him.

My mum had a triple bypass about 25 years ago (which they said would last approx 12 years at the time).. the operation was not so commonplace at the time and has now been superseeded by the stent so I believe  :-\ .... mums is still in good health I hasten to add.  I guess 25 years ago things would have been much worse for dad.. thank goodness for progress  :)

Yes thank goodness for medical progress Mark and well he was in the right place at the right time too. The staff nurse said if the stents had not worked than the other option was a bypass.

Your mum must have had a good surgeon back than and good to hear she is still doing fine.

He has been told no driving for a month, no lifting and no digging.So yes he will have to take it easier and stick to walking about the village. I said to mum that large back vegetable garden will have to go into grass or chuckies and she agreed. I don't think it will go down well but he has had a warning and need to take notice.

What have I being doing today well so far aluminium strip on gap on new tractor shed door and renewing a security light on tool shed and painting my new outside photo booth. Now away to sort dahlias and begonias and then visit pops in hospital from 6.30pm since he has a friend visiting this afternoon.

First day of my farm placement on a small 80-acre farm/smallholding where I'll be doing about 20 hours a week. Not ideal as there's no paid work at the end but good experience all the same. Only 1 main tractor really a Case International 885XL with 60879 hours on the clock! :of Used it today for the morning feed. Also have a Kubota KX151-2 360 excavator for ditching and muck loading and an old ?Fordson being restored. No telehandler, or use of pesticide/herbicides so the course I'm doing tomorrow will be of no use on this farm!

Are you sure it isn't 6087.9hrs, Chris?  :-\  What jobs will you be doing then, any stock or anything on the farm?

Eh could be, 60000 did seem rather a lot for a 20 year old tractor I just quickly read the dial.

I think I recal about 20-odd beef cows, 1 bull, not sure how many 'followers'. I'll find out on Friday when we're bringing them in in preparation for a TB test the following week. They also maintain about 40 ewes, 1 ram, numerous ponies & horses. They make pasties on site, sell firewood and sheepskin rugs as well as run horseriding & pony lessons for kids. Fingers in quite a few pies I think! ;) Good variety of things to do at least.

Fingers in quite a few pasties, I should think?!!  :laugh: :laugh:

Firewood?!!! Ohhhhhh get off my paaaatch!!!  :P:laugh: :laugh:

Heh much smaller scale I'm guessing but they do have a FMV-type log crane/trailer (Farmer C6,OD my camera says) + (?)Posch Leibnitz vertical splitter alongside other bits and bobs.

Gah I want your life Tris, when will you be selling it on Ebay? :angel: