What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

today i was working, cutting cauliflower seed from the stem with a petrol hedge trimmer, so that other workers can pick it up and put it into boxes. Next thing im pulling the trimmer out of my leg and on the way to the hospital, 20 stitches later and another appointment to make on monday to check the wound for infection and rotting dead flesh.

Been out since 6 loading lorries with rubble using the jcb 436zx loading shovel, still another couple of hundred tons to load, but by 8pm our fuel tanks and fuel bowser was empty, so will hopefully get a delivery either first thing tomorrow (hopefully) or some time Monday, need to get the site cleared by Wednesday for stage 2 of our contract, stage one was demolishing the building, stage 2 is building another... So will hopefully get my mad mass excavating skill shown to all the old boys,

• Like 1

today i was working, cutting cauliflower seed from the stem with a petrol hedge trimmer, so that other workers can pick it up and put it into boxes. Next thing im pulling the trimmer out of my leg and on the way to the hospital, 20 stitches later and another appointment to make on monday to check the wound for infection and rotting dead flesh.

Holy cow Jan, ouch!  :of  :of 

Bloody hell, Jan... There are other ways to get a weekend off you know!! Well yesterday was a day of mortgage reviewing, visiting and then out to an NSPCC charity evening which included a band, DJ and fish and chip supper. A few ciders and a silent auction. Today is dog walking, shopping, get the old van listed for sale and an afternoon chilled out hopefully drawing up a plan of my model farmhouse, done some sketches.

Bowsers and shovels filled up to the max with diesel, all systems are go, but only one of the other shovel operators turned up so there's only two of us in, and a boy on a drott but he's got other work to do, might get a 3cx operator out his bed to give us a hand loading the lorrys. Going to be a busy day

Edited by HS.

Woke up surprisingly hangover free after last nights YFC dinner dance. Then went to work for a couple of hours and now waiting for dinner. Can smell some raspberry cider thats bubbling through the airlock in one of my fermenting vessles, it smells lovely

• Like 1

There is no longer a drop of rubble on site, 45 lorry loads went out the gates and of to its new home, the 4 loading shovels (2x Volvo, 1x JCB & 1 Doosan), CAT Drott and the crusher are being kicked off the site some point in the morning and being replaced by 2 JCB JS330 and 2 Volvo ADT's and my JS145w and 8085zts, busy week ahead I think,

gotthe dining room finished all bar a new double socket ,which i need to sort, its all in place, just not connected into the ring main, job for thursday all being well on my day off, also managed to get the link wall into the front room double coated on the wall, so no need for any help getting the tv back on, just the gloss to do there, all being well the front room will be done thursday to ,

Well the js145w and 8085zts turned up on site at 6:04 this morning, 4 minutes late, scraped an area of grass where a couple of containers and site office will be placed, while a squad of boys came in and marked the "hole" in which we are going to start digging in the morning, now this hole is going to hold a full sized swimming pool and a smaller pool, the js330's turned up in the afternoon and the Volvo ADT's arrived a short time after, the 330's are going to be joined by a JCB js290 with a hydraulic breaker and a Volvo ec460... While I play around with a liebherr r926 on the spoil heap, I suspect I'm going to be busy for a couple of days

Just though I would show you some lovely photo's while I was in hospital, hope no one was having breakfast when viewing.

IMG_0265_zps241db078.jpg

IMG_0266_zpsf6d8540e.jpg

I can imagine pretty painfull, been cut a couple of times with the hedge trimmer, but never has anything that bad

It ended up being about 5 cm long, I have never had stitches. so it was a surprise for me, although I was lucky it wasn't the knee that's wat the man with the badge said in hospital, and lucky the week before I was using a chainsaw, when things are busy I can get carried away and tend to do everything at top speed therefore safety flies out of the window. I see you are digging out a swimming pool? is it a complete swimming complex?

Woke up surprisingly hangover free after last nights YFC dinner dance. Then went to work for a couple of hours and now waiting for dinner. Can smell some raspberry cider thats bubbling through the airlock in one of my fermenting vessles, it smells lovely

Slip some cider in ya bag Pat! :-X

It ended up being about 5 cm long, I have never had stitches. so it was a surprise for me, although I was lucky it wasn't the knee that's wat the man with the badge said in hospital, and lucky the week before I was using a chainsaw, when things are busy I can get carried away and tend to do everything at top speed therefore safety flies out of the window. I see you are digging out a swimming pool? is it a complete swimming complex?
full sports centre with 400 parking spaces, large astro turf, indoor football/hockey/badminton hall and running track out side