What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Very nice smithy, looks like it might need the power Harrow next mate. I might be heading your way tomorrow smithy, we might be taking a couple of tractors and artic flat beds to Kenton, near Debenham to collect second hand cattle shed and straw shed from portal power at oak tree farm.

• Like 1

Very nice smithy, looks like it might need the power Harrow next mate. I might be heading your way tomorrow smithy, we might be taking a couple of tractors and artic flat beds to Kenton, near Debenham to collect second hand cattle shed and straw shed from portal power at oak tree farm.

Yes needs a power-harrow but I will go through with pigtails again in couple of weeks when a few more weeds have germinated then power-harrow it so its ready for one more spray of roundup then the grass seed ,yes you wont be far away from me tomorrow if you are going to Debenham ,which way are you planning on going?
  • Like 1

Why didn't ya plough the grass paddock smithy ol pal?

I did not want to plough it because there used to be some trees on the field which had been cleared but there was still a

few roots about so I thought I would use tines instead of bending the plough

• Like 1

attachicon.gif20150531_194117.jpgattachicon.gif20150531_194149.jpgattachicon.gif20150531_194053.jpgNow for something completely different ,have watch somebody dry-lining a wall before so I thought I

would have a go today and this is how it looks ,I am happy with it for a first time job

this your new pad then smithy?? I take it shes seen the coloured valtras now and told you to speed up finishing it ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Like 2

I did not want to plough it because there used to be some trees on the field which had been cleared but there was still a

few roots about so I thought I would use tines instead of bending the plough

Smithy are you sure the local football club didn't pxxs you of about something so you decided to spring tine the pitch up 

looks like it to me, see you soon all being well regards Goody.

• Like 1

Smithy are you sure the local football club didn't pxxs you of about something so you decided to spring tine the pitch up 

looks like it to me, see you soon all being well regards Goody.

Defiantly a old meadow Graham just outside Needham Market and not the football pitch,yes see you soon looking forward to the weekend see you in France
  • Like 1

this your new pad then smithy?? I take it shes seen the coloured valtras now and told you to speed up finishing it ;D ;D ;D ;D

That's right Sean air turned a bit blue when I showed here the blue valtra decided not to show her

the white one. Don't now what she is going to say about this weekend as I am of to France with MF135 and

GOODIESTRACTOR

• Like 1

Yes needs a power-harrow but I will go through with pigtails again in couple of weeks when a few more weeds have germinated then power-harrow it so its ready for one more spray of roundup then the grass seed ,yes you wont be far away from me tomorrow if you are going to Debenham ,which way are you planning on going?

we made two trips to Debenham today smithy, 17 hour shift today mate. Down a12,a14 to a140 then turn of at stonam aspal.

A12 was shut on the last load home due to overnight roadworks, so we went a14 to bury then to Sudbury and halstead then home.

• Like 1

That's right Sean air turned a bit blue when I showed here the blue valtra decided not to show herthe white one. Don't now what she is going to say about this weekend as I am of to France with MF135 andGOODIESTRACTOR

Have you told her in doors yet? Or just give a call when in dieppe.

• Like 3

Martyn looks like Smithy is going to be on a diet for 4 days i had better take some toffees regards Goody.

No toffee Graham might pull my teeth out, got to go on a diet after eating your scones an cream up

the Suffolk Show Thanks Smithy

• Like 2

Looks a good space there Mark, looking forward to seeing it develop.

For me instead of lounging around in the sun/ in a beer garden/ driving a tractor, I'm stuck inside revising for my last uni exam of the year. Just want to get finished now

• Like 2

In a land far far away...........

Helped a South African mate move his 700 cows from the dairy farm 7 hours walk to there winter kale on another farm. Because the price of milk is so low they had to walk top save money on trucking them.

loading a truck at dawn with cows he's selling.

DSC_0002_zps0e7yqam2.jpg

Typical......Contractor turns up to fill the center pivot ruts with fine gravel after the pivots first year it's cut ruts in the ground so the gravel helps the pivot last longer.

DSC_0001_zpsr1wehlnc.jpg

Passed heaps of cows already grazing kale/beet.

DSC_0003_zpsgknbtnvx.jpg

DSC_0011_zpsmqlo0ah0.jpg

It's not all low input/output dairy in NZ, plenty of indoor systems have poped up in the last few years milking huge Canadian Holsteins.

DSC_0009_zpsm0otfuvs.jpg

• Like 3