What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Got the last of the barley baled today but what a carry on to get it done. Couldn't get one side to knot on the little baler, made 50 with about half of those to tie together by hand in the chamber, got p****d off with it and round baled the rest only for a pipe to burst on the 7840 while I was tidying up the headlands at the end but at least I got it done before the torrential rain that is forecast for tonight. The hay I had down also got round baled yesterday so that it wasn't to bale at the last minute today and boy I am pleased I did!attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gif image.jp

Is the ram on the pickup of the baler home made or a N/H extra not seen one on that end before

Is the ram on the pickup of the baler home made or a N/H extra not seen one on that end before

It's a farmers bodge, the field in my last post has some big Riggs and furrows and the baler has a wide pickup so it was needed in a hurry when our old 276 shat itself.

• Like 2

Been spreading lime at 3 tons to the acre on next years rape land and a bit on the road as I forgot to isolate the wheel that drives the belt should be washed away by tomorrow

Did your spillage wash away smithy?

• Like 1

No we only had about 3mm of rain so you can still see it wheat is still about 17% so holding off cutting for today im chopping grass round buffer strips at the moment

I wish we had only had 3 mm, don't know exactly how much there was but it filled a wheelbarrow 3/4 full

A day of rest for myself...... Ah not quite packing packing packing moving our stuff out of the house we rent to the in laws until we get the keys of our house oh and made a little time to go and look at a MF135 to go into the garage at the new house

• Like 1

Couple of days late in posting but only just downloaded the pictures from my phone.

Local little Agricultural show on Saturday, my Brother trying out his skills on the tractor see-saw balance.

post-806-0-91033500-1439799358_thumb.jpg

post-806-0-15171400-1439799437_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Just back from my holiday,totally knackered , two 6 year olds do that i guess, been high 30's all the time,and seen some stunning lightening storms at night on the second week,cruising up the coast of italy and southern france, especially as we left la spezia in italy ,4 hrs worth that night only 20 odd miles away , but clear skys for us at sea

Just back from my holiday,totally knackered , two 6 year olds do that i guess, been high 30's all the time,and seen some stunning lightening storms at night on the second week,cruising up the coast of italy and southern france, especially as we left la spezia in italy ,4 hrs worth that night only 20 odd miles away , but clear skys for us at sea

I hope you brought some of that sunshine back with you Sean.

After the 14mm of rain we had yesterday I put the plough on ground not to wet just sticky having rusty mouldboards did not help but were getting shiny after 10 acres the chopped straw did not help as there was a lot of it ,the Everlution wheat had come off at 4.5 tons to the acre  

post-1115-0-45592000-1440023519_thumb.jp

post-1115-0-28525500-1440023713_thumb.jp

post-1115-0-29501400-1440023856_thumb.jp

• Like 4

After the 14mm of rain we had yesterday I put the plough on ground not to wet just sticky having rusty mouldboards did not help but were getting shiny after 10 acres the chopped straw did not help as there was a lot of it ,the Everlution wheat had come off at 4.5 tons to the acre  

That is a very good yield, you can be proud! Looks to be some nice soil though. Is the MTX the same as a Case MX or is this a newer one with a different engine?

• Like 1

That is a very good yield, you can be proud! Looks to be some nice soil though. Is the MTX the same as a Case MX or is this a newer one with a different engine?

The yield was very good shame about the price at the moment £100 a ton and dropping .that is nice soil on that field but being wet it would not flow of the mouldboard.The MTX cab is the same as the MX and some other bits are the same my engine in the McCormick is a Perkins not sure about the Case but I think it is different  

Baled and wrapped another 10 acre yesterday, this catchy weather is a pain as we daren't cut too much in one and the weather forecast changes each time I see it. Today I did a bit of carpet laying so I could get yesterday's bales in without damaging the wrap on the various repairs/bodges on the trailer floor.

post-4142-0-32610800-1440184622_thumb.jppost-4142-0-34039600-1440184586_thumb.jppost-4142-0-14670300-1440184549_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Baled and wrapped another 10 acre yesterday, this catchy weather is a pain as we daren't cut too much in one and the weather forecast changes each time I see it. Today I did a bit of carpet laying so I could get yesterday's bales in without damaging the wrap on the various repairs/bodges on the trailer floor.

Interesting, the bit of carpet would make for an interesting little detail on a model

• Like 1

Smithy old mate have you not heard of that sticky stuff that's comes in Tubs or Cartridges that would stop you mouldboards going rusty,

but it doe's look like you have done a half decent job without gps, hope your well Goody. 

• Like 1

The yield was very good shame about the price at the moment £100 a ton and dropping .that is nice soil on that field but being wet it would not flow of the mouldboard.The MTX cab is the same as the MX and some other bits are the same my engine in the McCormick is a Perkins not sure about the Case but I think it is different  

Smithy my maths are not good but surely 4.5 tons at £100 an acre is better than 3 tons per acre at £140 a ton,sorry i forgot you old boys like

5.5 tons an acre at £140 a ton.  Only Joking Smithy it doe's help us if you do well, and all the model suppliers who you buy from including Marty.

• Like 1