What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

18 minutes ago, trigger82 said:

Very nice what you think off it ... 

Very comfortable place to be, and drive. Hoping to do a lot more field work with another in a week or two's time. Still not quite as satisfying as being at the controls of a Ford FW60 Automatic though. :)

• Like 6

Couple of days, Friday and Monday, on the bulk. Here, loading a feed blending at Grimsdyke Granary near Salisbury and later, tipping near Langport. Interesting tip, had to try and let a moist blend do a controlled exit from the trailer, all 29t of it, so the farmer could push it into a small shed.

20170203_102844.jpg

20170203_130443.jpg

20170203_131601.jpg

20170203_131836.jpg

• Like 2

running round like a looney  at work , starting at 05.00 most days and working till arround 8pm most days , as we come to the end of 2 big superfast broadband contracts at the end of the month , whilst also doing the normal fibre newsites work,which has gone nuts with takeup ,  and its getting worse to, now been asked to work friday monday and tuesday as overtime as its my long weekend, which i am fine with ,but they now want saturday and sunday to,if possile right to the end of the month ,and are also trying to get me to cancel a weeks holiday i have for her birthday,in a weeks time, offering to pay me for it as i will loose the hours if i dont use it before the end of the month . its become a free for all ,mostly due to our contractor not being able to cope and missing some big targets. 

5 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

running round like a looney  at work , starting at 05.00 most days and working till arround 8pm most days , as we come to the end of 2 big superfast broadband contracts at the end of the month , whilst also doing the normal fibre newsites work,which has gone nuts with takeup ,  and its getting worse to, now been asked to work friday monday and tuesday as overtime as its my long weekend, which i am fine with ,but they now want saturday and sunday to,if possile right to the end of the month ,and are also trying to get me to cancel a weeks holiday i have for her birthday,in a weeks time, offering to pay me for it as i will loose the hours if i dont use it before the end of the month . its become a free for all ,mostly due to our contractor not being able to cope and missing some big targets. 

Take your leave Sean mate. There's no point being the richest man in the graveyard. 

• Like 1

i am mate, need a break as before it went nuts at work ,all my times been spent doing the house, its kind of thrown me out of plan with my aimed finish date , but on the other hand will pay for a few extras we fancy i guess ,worst case i will be a month behind at the worst ,so still done before the summer for the inside, outside only needs one big job, the cladding. otherwise its all tidying work

• Like 1

we already have loan ins mate, mostly covering cornwall , so we can shuffel up, but its not enough, like you our cabling gone ,one teams in london at present, the others are scratching , its jointing thats gone stupid, we have 2 big sites now going in plymouth, both fttp, we are turning 30-40  odd plots a week between them, and they have just started, aims for more off each  , and both are a 25 year plan size wise ,thats without all the others popping up, several overbuilds where they have swapped mid build so we are building the new and also covering the already copper parts. that along with the contractors failing spectacularly to hit there targets , its all stacking up,