What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

running round all day surveying jobs and re planning a few that were woefully wrong, the joys of our jobs now being planned in india , wont give them the call centre stuff,but they have a 6 year contract ,so we give them this instead, now nothing works ::);D;D

• Like 2

Another busy day today, day one of a two day telehandler course at Otley College. Training is manic at the moment, I'm even running courses on Saturdays all month as it's so busy which is very unusual! The farmers have really been pushing things up until the last moment this year, my first available booking day currently is July 31!

Ive not seen a combine working yet either and yet much to my horror several fields to the North of the village have been cut and I missed everything!!   All the barleys gone and even a couple of fields of rapeseed which is astonishing!!!!!   In these parts we are never the earliest starters and yet this year rape gets cut 3 weeks early...........unbelievable

2 hours ago, bluegreen said:

Ive not seen a combine working yet either and yet much to my horror several fields to the North of the village have been cut and I missed everything!!   All the barleys gone and even a couple of fields of rapeseed which is astonishing!!!!!   In these parts we are never the earliest starters and yet this year rape gets cut 3 weeks early...........unbelievable

Waldersey knocked some OSR off last Wednesday at Friday Bridge so they've been going for a while on it now, Legges started around that sort of time as well on the barley. 

saw my first early this week, jd 10?? but wasnt going well, was stationary with loads of black smoke pouring out of the engine bay, first cut round the headlands too. but no others so far,   was out paignton way and theres a good few fields looking ready in that area 

Back online! Parked up near Southampton after leaving the yard at 4 this morning to collect Hesston wheat near Ashford and deliver it near Dorchester. Back up Kent in the morning for another load for Yeovil direction I think. Still clearing a farm fof last years straw, seen a lot of barley stubble but we haven't baled anything just yet as far as I know. I collected this last week, hell of a bit of kit!

Gradually been getting round the old girl with the polish too but I think she may be off to a new home after harvest :'(

20170704_111729.jpg

20170704_115847.jpg

20170705_081937.jpg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, MadMark said:

Thanks Martin,  Thinking about only keeping/ collecting the older style stuff that I grow up around 

As you know, that is what my collection is roughly based on, I don't have a lot of interest in modern stuff.

21 minutes ago, MadMark said:

Know what you mean Martin, I look at the modern stuff and I've got no feelings for them, look at a Ford 6600 or a JD 3350 and floods of memoirs come back of seeing them as a kid or driving them. Think I'll keep my JD 6190r conversion and the Kubota M7171, but as for the rest no feelings for them.

Exactly the reason I cleared out a large portion of my collection a few years back. Enjoy photographing real modern machinery, but have zero attachment to all of the modern models released over that last few years.Classic power all the way! Each to their own though. :)

• Like 4

spent the day in the yard errecting a new stores cage,then stacking and sorting our holdings , as we have been  loosing a huge amount to contractors and other groups coming in and helping them selfs,which is leaving us short for our own jobs, the joys of having a good control who orders the  jobs stores as we need where others dont . our yard guys BTFS quoted us 3 days work and a bill of £20000 yes that much, we fell of our chairs in the office at it, luckly a old contact in the stores i know was able to supply us with this cage, 4m wide x  10m long as he owed me a few favours and its in their way after being recovered from a store that was closed down  ,plus theres a bit more left we can use ,next fridays job, dount the company guys will be happy,but no way were we going to be ripped off like that,boss is well chuffed, well until he see's our bill of 18000 , well thats a 2 k saving afterall ;D;D;D

17 minutes ago, simong said:

That's the smallest header i've ever seen on a 780. They are usally 35-45 ft around here.

This the second 780TT this farm has ran on a 25 foot header since 2013. Was told they prefer it for the following balers and allows them to avoid running on the swath whilst unloading on the move. Seen a few 760TTs fitted with 25 foot headers but this is only farm I know that have specified such a smaller header for a 780TT. :)