What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Vans back whhh hoooo made it 6 miles and bang its done the same thing again :( this after 2 weeks at our garage and near in 4 at the local fit dealers ?? Trust me do not buy a fiat ducato full stop , biggest pile of turd going 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

Vans back whhh hoooo made it 6 miles and bang its done the same thing again :( this after 2 weeks at our garage and near in 4 at the local fit dealers ?? Trust me do not buy a fiat ducato full stop , biggest pile of turd going 

I have had a few of these through work, 2 used ones and one brand spanking new with zero miles on the clock, only had this for four weeks before getting my current drive, also new. I never liked any of them as too small to work out of. I went from a vauxhall vivaro to  these and didn't like that either, poor steering lock so not very manoeuvrable. Now back with a decent van, Transit Custom high top with plenty of room/manoeuvrability/features. No aircon though ;)

Rumour has it that the reason companies went over to these was because Fiat, presumably, offered them to fleet buyers at a very competitive price. I would not buy one either.

• Like 1

they were offered ultra cheap, as they are not euro 6,and the deadline was a few months away ,had they not sold it would have to have been re engined or converted to a left hooker for over seas sales,all a cost fiat didnt want i guess, well thats what the fleet manager has told us. theres a request gone in for a brand new van, back by my bosses boss and his up higher again, due to the mileage i do and nature of the work i do, i need a reliable van. it felt exactly like the last one ie turbo gone, full limp mode. makes you wonder if the dealer didnt try a clean up and re fit of the old one, but claim new against fiat for expenses ?? hoping it would last the 2 months before the 3 year warrenty run out 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

Wasnt a bad view back at the carpark either

9D0E45A6-AA7C-4E51-A859-C24902F7911A.jpeg

Wife and I were there two weeks ago. We are walking the South West Coast Path a bit each year having started in Poole a few years ago. This trip started at Bigbury and ended 4 days later at Looe, we had similar weather to your photographs. 

The day into Plymouth was a long one, 15miles done by Mount Batten and still had another 5 to go to get to the other side of the water where we were staying for the night.

Such a varied walk. Is your first picture taken from around the old dock yard?

• Like 1

the first pics in royal william yard, other side of the carpark . sits on the bit of land between milbay docks and the tamar entrance.it was a old stores yard for the navy. mostly fancy resturants and flats at present, but 2 hotels going in soon apparently .and thats only half of it done, we go down on the first sunday of each month(and prob a few inbetween for other stuff food wise:D) for a local farmers market, get all of our meat,plus other stuff for the momth of a farmer/butcher there.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

the first pics in royal william yard, other side of the carpark . sits on the bit of land between milbay docks and the tamar entrance.it was a old stores yard for the navy. mostly fancy resturants and flats at present, but 2 hotels going in soon apparently .and thats only half of it done, we go down on the first sunday of each month(and prob a few inbetween for other stuff food wise:D) for a local farmers market, get all of our meat,plus other stuff for the momth of a farmer/butcher there.

The buildings that have been converted looked really smart, we didn't stop for any food as we'd had breakfast in the cafe that overlooks the lido about an hour earlier.

• Like 1

I have taken the body of my trailer today as I am taken it down to Barking Engineering tomorrow morning to use the welder to put a new pick-up hitch ring on I took the body of as we are going to turn chassis upside down so we don't have to weld upside down    

20180507_155612.jpg

20180507_155643.jpg

20180507_155657.jpg

20180507_155706.jpg

20180507_155809.jpg

20180507_135344.jpg

20180507_135333.jpg

• Like 6

Is this a tipper, cannot see any tipping gear( mandraulic?) although it looks like it hinges at the back and lands between the two flat uprights at the front,  or did they use the same chassis for non tipping version? How does the brake operate? Is it only a parking brake or does it work on the overrun aswell? 

3 hours ago, super6 said:

Is this a tipper, cannot see any tipping gear( mandraulic?) although it looks like it hinges at the back and lands between the two flat uprights at the front,  or did they use the same chassis for non tipping version? How does the brake operate? Is it only a parking brake or does it work on the overrun aswell? 

Yes it is a tipper I had taken ram of so not to damage it ,and it works of the tractor hydraulic system , as for brakes it only has a parking brake which is just a lever mounted on a post at the front and I don't think it works as it has not been moved latterly , will get a picture tomorrow  

• Like 4

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:32 PM, super6 said:

This is the hand brake lever , it is seized  up on the pivot bolts and I expect the brakes in the drums are as well  

20180509_170154.jpg

• Like 3

Spent about 8hrs yesterday going up and down this private track getting bucket loads of planning and tipping in the big holes and had two people shovelling out on the small ones, the track leads to a big house and a redundant church   about 1.5miles from the main road

20180509_104806.jpg

20180509_104745.jpg

20180509_104819.jpg

20180509_110710.jpg

20180509_111213.jpg

20180509_111227.jpg

20180509_140452.jpg

• Like 3

smithy, did you by any chance go to the paul cable sale mate?? theres a vid on facebook,the big six cylinder ford club or similar of the county 1474 and i swear blind your in it, right in the middle, front of the bonnet mate,

• Like 2
  • Confused 1