What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

so bigger than you would normally ride then??????

are your horses arriving up somerset soon then??? may need bigger than a transit to move them mind :D :D

Definately... I'd really given up riding cos I'm just too busy... but Dad's trying to tempt me out of retirement with this one. The ponies will come up soon, but only to sell on  :'( :'(

Thanks Sue... was kinda hoping to avoid the ground and all that involuntary dismounting stuff... particularly (as you found) there's no way in this world I'd climb back on board with a GG that size!) :D

I know the feeling - I frequently dismounted from him straight over his shoulder.  He loved to go flat out and if you tried to slow him down, he slowed and then bucked and with a mouth like iron....  We finally came to an agreement.  He would not throw me and I would not make him run up steep hills.  He was the one who came back for me when I left the saddle when he ducked under a large branch and  I was looking the other way.

16.2 hh I can manage but only by having a long stirrup leathers and dropping to the last hole to mount.  Not terrible elegant getting the leg over and then you have to pull it up again.  Gets monotonous after a while!

Got up in the middle of the night 4am  >:(

Drove to Uttoxeter (JCB) played with a couple of design engineers for a new cab system being launched next month.

Drove back to sunny Hastings, cleared the drive ( previously full of pallets) picked the kids up from school. Opened some boxes. Eat for 2 hours.

Yeti turned up with some buckets... fell asleep listening to some story  :D

Popped on here before bed and Damn it Marky's online OH dear  :-X

Well tomorrow Work and better start thinking about what to take to this show thats taking place  ;)

I know the feeling - I frequently dismounted from him straight over his shoulder.  He loved to go flat out and if you tried to slow him down, he slowed and then bucked and with a mouth like iron....  We finally came to an agreement.  He would not throw me and I would not make him run up steep hills.  He was the one who came back for me when I left the saddle when he ducked under a large branch and  I was looking the other way.

16.2 hh I can manage but only by having a long stirrup leathers and dropping to the last hole to mount.  Not terrible elegant getting the leg over and then you have to pull it up again.  Gets monotonous after a while!

Grief... sounds painful...

.... and talking of hitting trees... I nearly broke my neck last year out hunting when I forgot to duck under a branch... and they took the mick out of me for weeks afterwards >:( Now at least I know I'm not the only one ;D

Grief... sounds painful...

.... and talking of hitting trees... I nearly broke my neck last year out hunting when I forgot to duck under a branch... and they took the mick out of me for weeks afterwards >:( Now at least I know I'm not the only one ;D

It wasn't painful.

a) I was not going very fast as I was out riding some less-frequented bridle paths (2 of us to ensure they remained open)

B) It was a big branch which caught me in the middle and I ended up draped over it in good Thelwell fashion. (Did not let go of the reins though)

When horsey backed back and I returned to the saddle I had to do a "cossack"  by getting down very low on one side and moving as far out from the branch as possible.  The other girl was riding a much smaller horse and had simply gone flat to go under it.  Hadn't thought to warn me!  I should have been looking in front

We reported the bridle path as being overgrown.  Goodness know the last time anyone had ridden it.

The next time we went through the branch had been lopped.

Been for a cycle (was sposed to accompany my dad on his run... but neglected to find out which was he went and cycled in the wrong direction - and miles as well :-[), now doing my eBay stuff, then meeting friends for lunch at Taunton, then going for some clothes shopping, calling into MJB1's with some stuff I forgot to take over yesterday, then back for some more work... and then getting ready for Spalding.... yippee ;D

hey the money I saved could buy me a cup of coffee at spalding ;D::)

what!!!.. :o :o my hair cut costs ?13!!!....did get it for a tenner yesterday somehow ???:-\ :-\

trying to get the missus to cut mine, its not hard :D :D :D