What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

I've put in a new phone extension, moved the computer, laid some laminate flooring!! Now going to watch Euro2008.

Then tomorrow off for my birthday tour around the Emirates.

Don't worry Simon I will take some photo's for you. Do you want me to bring anything from the shop. ;) ;) ;):D :D :D

appledoore, haynes agricture, would have enjoyed it if i was allowed to do anything but i couldnt because of heath and safty  ::);)

well my young lady (on work experience) has been driving the forklift... and the tractor... health & safety is all a bit over the top these days... under supervision I think you should be given the chance to 'experience real work' not just be made to sit and watch..

well my young lady (on work experience) has been driving the forklift... and the tractor... health & safety is all a bit over the top these days... under supervision I think you should be given the chance to 'experience real work' not just be made to sit and watch..

I agree marky, when I did mine a few years ago I went to a shipyard for a week as a mechanic was great was helping with everything including using drills and grinders, was good to do. When I did another lot with an electricians I was helping run cable in a roof in a doctors surgery and put my foot through the ceiling :o was still allowed to go in the roofspace after this happened.

I've put in a new phone extension, moved the computer, laid some laminate flooring!! Now going to watch Euro2008.

Then tomorrow off for my birthday tour around the Emirates.

Don't worry Simon I will take some photo's for you. Do you want me to bring anything from the shop. ;) ;) ;):D :D :D

go past it everytime i go into London on the train, its a very nice stadium :) :), not nice to design i heard??.....Highbury looks better now!!

We are getting into a really stupid incident prevention society.  I blame the "if you have suffered injury and it wasn't your fault then you can claim...  ...no charges... ...etc." solicitors who are making heaps of money by claiming not just compensation but massive damages.  What ever happened to accidents?  Commonsense and responsible actions have been replaced by Risk Assessment and Prevention by simply not allowing minors to get into a situation which could be dangerous under certain circumstances.

I agree marky, when I did mine a few years ago I went to a shipyard for a week as a mechanic was great was helping with everything including using drills and grinders, was good to do. When I did another lot with an electricians I was helping run cable in a roof in a doctors surgery and put my foot through the ceiling :o was still allowed to go in the roofspace after this happened.

We have "child-proof" caps on bottles of household cleaner that I sometimes cannot open.  I resent these as I have no children and if I did they would be taught not to touch anything that a) was not theirs and B) had no permission to touch.  That is how I was brought up and it did not hurt me.  I did not raid the fridge, larder or kitchen cupboards; delving into a bag of any sort was beyond my imagination unless I was told to get something out of it.  Yet I know of plenty of children who take great delight in emptying their mother's handbags and all the mother says is "Bless him - he is so curious"!

As a three-year old I used to visit a small farm belonging to my cousins' grandfather.  I had the run of the place but had been told to keep away from the well; not to play in the standing hay but use the path through the middle and to always shut gates or doors behind me.  I did not have to be told not to touch anything or open pens. 

I even went off for walks in the Forest (New Forest was wrapped around the place) with a large German Shepherd as my minder and nobody worried.  GS Prince was a good minder as he never let me get within 20 yards from the well without taking my wrist and leading me past it,  not that I would have gone anywhere near it having been shown just how deep it was. 

Where has simple education and discipline gone?  A parental responsibility that is frequently passed to teachers and other authorities too late in life. 

I am now off my soapbox

All so very true Sue....

I've bought my kids up using the 'traditional method' - But sadly their appears to be less and less of us 'old school method' people around these days...

The worst thing is.... I'll have to avoid telling the work experience assessor about some of the jobs young Charlotte has done  :-\

um it was rediculos, i wasnt alloweded to use a preasure washer even and wasnt allowed in the tractors. GRRR, i am very warey of the dangors and i no them.I drive our tractors and never do anything dangorus, i always switch them off when i get off etc.