What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Not a lot so far! Got up at 5am and left where I was half an hour later. Now parked up near Faringdon with some warning lights on for water, battery and no rev counter, possibly alternator trouble. Not having a lot of luck at the moment. Dreading what the 3rd thing will be!!

Well after three hours and a new alternator fitted care of Scania Assistance I carried on back to the yard to unload the scrappers I had on board. Reloaded with parts and now parked up for the night near the saleground. Hope to get tipped and reloaded pretty sharpish and then head back to yard, tip and reload with straw up at a farm near Marlborough.

Well after three hours and a new alternator fitted care of Scania Assistance I carried on back to the yard to unload the scrappers I had on board. Reloaded with parts and now parked up for the night near the saleground. Hope to get tipped and reloaded pretty sharpish and then head back to yard, tip and reload with straw up at a farm near Marlborough.

How do spend an evening in the cab Tris?

As little as possible! When I was out full time I was geared up for it, digi Tele etc but now there is no point as I am not the only driver of the lorry, nor do I drive iy enough. Truck magazine, a paper, smart phone and bed, that's about it mate!

As little as possible! When I was out full time I was geared up for it, digi Tele etc but now there is no point as I am not the only driver of the lorry, nor do I drive iy enough. Truck magazine, a paper, smart phone and bed, that's about it mate!

Yeah I thought you'd want to get a bit of kip in with those early starts. How do you keep warm at this time of year?

European trucks have night heaters (a new phenomenon in the US where until recently they left their trucks on idle all night!) which can be set up just like a house central heating system. You set your desired temperature, the time at which you want it to kick in and again to kick out. In a 4 series Scania it is all wired up to an alarm clock and also the radio, as long as the radio turns off on the ignition.

So, with the engine off for the night I can set (on a small digital console) when I want the heatet to come on and go off during the night. If I'd like it to come on before I get up, set the alarm clock and set the radio to come on with the alarm. All quite nifty really!

Only thing is, the glow plug in the diesel fuelled heating element is kaput in this one so no heater at the moment. Thankfully, trucks are well sound proofed and hold heat well and I have a cosy, ex army sleeping bag which I can honestly say I have never been cold in, in a truck, a barn, or outside!

• Like 3

Crazy!

European trucks have night heaters (a new phenomenon in the US where until recently they left their trucks on idle all night!) 

Ace!

So, with the engine off for the night I can set (on a small digital console) when I want the heatet to come on and go off during the night. If I'd like it to come on before I get up, set the alarm clock and set the radio to come on with the alarm.

• Like 1

was big brave and plain bonkers today and went into town , finally got all the presents, bar hers which is on order, may / may not arrive for xmas day, bloody apple, so a posiable emergency trip required for a small extra, had lunch, and can honestly say i am going no where near town for shopping now till after the jan sales, was abosoutley manic, couldnt even get into a couple of pubs for a drink while she had her hair appointment and they say times are hard, wouldnt have belived it going by the number of bags i got caught by trying to walk round

was big brave and plain bonkers today and went into town , finally got all the presents, bar hers which is on order, may / may not arrive for xmas day, bloody apple, so a posiable emergency trip required for a small extra, had lunch, and can honestly say i am going no where near town for shopping now till after the jan sales, was abosoutley manic, couldnt even get into a couple of pubs for a drink while she had her hair appointment and they say times are hard, wouldnt have belived it going by the number of bags i got caught by trying to walk round

wife said exactly the same sean,packed,and they say no money around

Getting re packed, well what I can find anyway,to head back to the beautifully sunny country that is scotland, been absolutely freezing here in krakow, good couple of days with the lads, only one ended up in hospital so not bad considering previous experiences, flights around 12 the morra, be home on British turf by 2 hopefully, then an early start on Monday, braw

Today after a late "brunch" I have been to  a Toy Fayre or is it Fair...  :huh: at the Treetops Hotel in Aberdeen for a few hours... I never spent a penny other than the £2 entrance fee but its  good to see the Grampian Minature Diecast Collector Club have been given a new lease of life following the attendance of Darren Nuthall from the Tekno Collectors Club and Peebles TRUCKS  travelling back up again since the last event they had in September.

Darren is due back up again on Sunday 31st March 2013 and he was saying to Andy Ingram he  wants to be there again on Sunday 5th May at the 3rd North East Model Farm & Construction Show despite the fact it is Truckfest Peterbourgh on the same Bank Holiday weekend....Darren is however still keen to come up to Aberdeen on the Saturday night to be at the show on the Sunday since well he told me in September the Tenko Forum have over 400 members with AB post codes...mind you Aberdeen and the shire have always had a lot of general haulage hauliers but sadly many have sold up and ceased trading or well gone to the wall...however on a positive note it is always nice to see old picture of the hauliers from Aberdeen or the shire be they be in black and white or in colour which Darren had to sell for 60 pence each 8)  

Back home after a week in krakow, great weekend with the lads, after getting a talking to from the girlfriend, going along the lines of when (not if) we get married I will not be setting foot out of my humble county that is fife, now in the pub, watching the west ham, Liverpool match, and drinking...... A diet coke

• Like 1

Back home after a week in krakow, great weekend with the lads, after getting a talking to from the girlfriend, going along the lines of when (not if) we get married I will not be setting foot out of my humble county that is fife, now in the pub, watching the west ham, Liverpool match, and drinking...... A diet coke

sounds like she is wearing the ring n cracking the orders out already. no bloke is exempt   :

sounds like she is wearing the ring n cracking the orders out already. no bloke is exempt   :

A few weeks ago when visiting her parents on the way back there's this castle, can't remember the name, she said "what do you think of that" I replied looks alright, she says "good because your getting married there" to which I reply "married to who?" Kept her quiet for a bit, 

• Like 2

I'm at the Belfast continental market with Natalie we are both sitting down in the beer tent with 2 nice pints of Raspberry beer :D

Don't think I'll be touching any beer for a while hahaha,

anyway my day began with a phone call from the local council looking to hire a JCB telehandler with grain shovel as there has broken down and they won't be able to load the gritters, so got it loaded onto the daf and had it their 35 mins later, that's been about it, sat and moaned a lot, tidied my desk, lunch, spreaded some salt on the yard, home, now away to pizza express with hers truly for a meal

• Like 1