What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Took ownership of the new business today, never seen a 65 year old Glaswegian cry before, all paperwork signed by 12, so was in the pub celebrating by 1, only problem with the mrs due in the next 3 weeks means I've got to stick to the pints of coke...

more arable and grassland rolling today,shortage of tractors,i had a jd on the arable rollers,and how about this for overkill,mf 8450 on the flemming,pictures tomorrow if ive got the massey on the roller,it looks weird

Your not wrong Paul,overkill for sure,

Regards

Joe.

more pictures,very busy period,getting the maize drilled then rolled ,and the grassland rolling was a plot of over 200 acres at hatherleigh,all 4 fendts and the jd 6830 and another contractrors new holland were all being used,,2 on maize drills,3 power harrowing one subsoiling,leaves me with the mf,mind you jd as you said,good looking tractor,and i bet i didnt use any more fuel than a smaller tractor,sometimes you got to do what youve got to do

post-1769-0-26434800-1367869350_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-79187100-1367869361_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-41319500-1367869378_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-50204200-1367869403_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-56403500-1367869445_thumb.jp

• Like 1

no good messing about with tiny 200 hp tractors is it bob

Ah Paul I feel ashame now me running around with a 100hp MF 3085 rolling I feel like a little school boy with my 100hp I want to play with the big boys :( but I need 2 MF3085's and my MF375 taped together :D

Thinking about applying for temporary work on a 240ac mixed farm, even though I've got garden maintenance work coming out of my ears which is also paying well.

Well had our doosan rep on site today with a crew of 4 showing me how to change the booms, attachments how to do all the daily service checks and how to operate the machine, they also brought a Doosan DX380LC for a demo, got it for the rest of the month, not had a chance to have a shot of it as the doosan boys were also playing around with it, doosan rep also took me out for lunch, think there on site for the rest of the week showing the rest of the crew how to use the new machines, Never had this sort of service from jcb, starting to think Doosan is the way to go...

Edited by HS.

doosan crew back again today, starting to think they just want to play with my machines, they did fit a weighing device thing on the loading shovel about 5 hours after arriving on site, rep is also trying to get me to purchase a new shovel and dump truck, but we've just got a new liebherr dumper and it wouldnt be worth buying a new shovel as the rest are as good as new. Back in the office tommorow, got a meeting with the bank, small amout of paperwork to "look" at, then said i would take the mrs out for lunch, not long until my wee boys dew, less than a month to go, getting excited :)

• Like 1

Delivered a refurbished Massey 135, a refurbished 3t tipping trailer and a GP Engineering link box to a chap in West Sussex today. I have to say it looked flipping ace flying down the road into the distance :) Once he dropped off the link box he came back for his car. . ... leaving me to drive the tractor back to his farm with the trailer. Loved it? Did I flipping ever!!! A two mile jaunt through the lanes around Plaistow astride a Massey 135. . .. it was ace!! :) :)

Then back to the yard to lend a hand getting stuff ready for shipping... 23 tractors, some sets of discs, disc ploughs and god knows what else, all destined for Sudan tomorrow and Friday. The government there are closing the ports to used farm machinery in favour of a deal struck with a manufacturer to supply new machinery from now on. The workshop has been flat out the past fortnight getting the orders shipped before the cut off date.

Also, put an offer in on a house...

• Like 4

Oooooh yessss!

Offer rejected as expected - we started low, very low. Now we'll make them sweat for a while before we increase our offer. They are desperate to sell but we are not so desperate to buy.

• Like 3

Oooooh yessss!

Offer rejected as expected - we started low, very low. Now we'll make them sweat for a while before we increase our offer. They are desperate to sell but we are not so desperate to buy.

You never know, Tris, they may come back in a few days having reconsidered! 

We've spoken to our mortgage lady and all us good if we progress with it so now its just a case of sitting back, then maybe after the weekend putting another offer in. If we miss it, it won't be a big upset as we are finding less and less to do on our house now and its quite enjoyable to be able to live in it, DIY free!! :lol:

Also, we have to find a buyer if our off er does get accepted! :of

this beauty arrived at the yard this morning at half past 5, had the joys of unloading it half a mile from the yard because the german lorry driver refused to go up the track incase he got "stuck", i tried telling him we move machines twice the width down the track but it wasnt good enough for him, got her up to the yard, went back to bed, then went back and gave her a wash, chances of me driving this are slim, which is a shame, quite enjoyed my play around with it

post-3139-0-90510300-1368205292_thumb.jp