What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

After a minor mishap with one of my Miniagripassion John Deeres a little while ago, I finally got around to affecting a small repair this afternoon. I managed to shear the cab steps clean off the model whilst repostioning it in one of my cabinets. The steps on these models are held into place on the chassis with a small peg.  I sanded backed and roughed up both the very small areas on the chassis and steps. Having removed any other parts I though might get in the way such as the pre-cleaner and exhaust I used a piece of foam and a flannel to rest the model on. I then placed a wedge of blue tack beneath the sump and chassis to hold the steps in place. This gave me just enough room to slide a small amount of two part glue on the end of a compass point into the gap between the chassis and the mounting point of the steps. A gentle press on the top of the steps with the rubber end of a pencil and thankfully the repair seems to have held with no signs of any excess glue showing. It looks as good as new again. :)

For someone with very little patience when it comes to tasks like this and absolutely no model building skills what so ever i'm rather pleased with how the repair turned out. Thank you to JDC for some very helpful tips. Very much appreciated John. :)

P1300901_zpscddabb8d.jpg 

.....Another little task i've accomplished today, also connected to my model collection. I decided to replace the single bulb and horrible light shade in the room where all my cabinets are kept and replaced it with a set of spot lights.

P1300903_zpse7a77762.jpg

• Like 1

tidy repair there mate, cant see whats happened now and would never have known if you hadnt have said

today i have, had my hair cut, put a new retaing wall up at her mums,painted the other 3 walls out there to, back home for a bite to eat, then out in the garden, cut the grass, planted the strawberrys we got delivered yesterday, dug the beds over, then into the shed for some model making as seen else where

tidy repair there mate, cant see whats happened now and would never have known if you hadnt have said.

Thanks Sean, very pleased with how it's turned out given my complete lack of experience and skills when it comes to fixing things like this. It took me a couple of attempts to sit the steps in the correct place, and I was very nervous about getting the glue everywhere as I discovered it's quite "stringy" once mixed. It's now sat  back in it's cabinet safe and sound. :)

nice repair david,you should do a convo now

Thanks ever so much Paul. It would certainly be nice to attempt something simple to begin with in the not too distant future. I've built up quite a collection of accessories from other models i've bought that could potentially be utilised. :)  

been in town today, she had her hair done so i took the new camera in, and went up onto the hoe to play with the panoramic settings, and a few others ,then a bite to eat, swapped my phone, then home and a few drinks in the garden, as you can see from the pics its been a nice day

P1000093_zps84f47483.jpg

• Like 2

Not a right lot. Having rendered myself hopelessly hungover from a brilliant night out with my brother and his friends in Sheffield last night. Cabinet number nine has arrived and just needs decent clean before becoming the new home of my John Deere model collection. :)

• Like 1

Any joy on the offer to the new pad then tris??

Not as yet, Sean. They have been on the market 8 weeks or more now and our two offers are the only to be offered. Ours goes on Rightmove this week which they have been informed of so maybe now they see we are serious something may come to fruition one way or another.

Just seen a load of irrigators working in Kettle produces fields today, didnt think the ground would be that dry considering the amount of rain we had in the later days of last week, don't think i saws a single irrigator working last year,

Edited by HS.

After an easy day yesterday where my only job was to take a Mercedes 300D to Sheerness docks ans get the train home; today I am away to the MVF mill at Calne to collect 6t of calf creep blend, with the MXM140. When I get back I'll pop down to a plant dealer near Shaftesbury to collect one tractor and drop that off at the yard and pop over to a nearby hamlet to pick one tractor up from each of two neighbouring farms. :)

• Like 1

got a stinking cold, felt a bit rough yesterday at work, but this morn ,well enough said ,luckly i am off now till wednesday with a well fallen pair of off days either side of the bank holiday, was ment to be shovling 5 tons of chippings out at her mums but i just dont feel like it so thats now tuesdays job unless i feel better soon