What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Popped into town and was surprised how quiet it was, just booked a hotel for July at Milton Keynes for the Grand Prix , closest I could get at 14 miles and at a reasonable price , just need to book the parking now and we are go , now the nasty bit, time to have a good clean through the house after 2 missed days

Dug out and prepared this base over Christmas concreted it today (sunday) its appox 10 feet by 10 feet and 6 inchs deep used 19 bags of cement not sure how much ballast as not able to weigh it sharp frost tonight so got it covered and a space heater running next to it

post-1115-0-60633700-1419810968_thumb.jp

Back in November we carted 500 ton of sugar beet up this cartway  as it was wet we left a lot of mud on it its got a good brick rubble base so I got the mini digger out today and took the mud of the top as the frosts had made it let go from the rubble I plan on covering it with road planings

post-1115-0-44125900-1419892687_thumb.jp

post-1115-0-81583900-1419892775_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Went to J BROCK &SONS at Cutlers Green,Thaxted  today to pick up 2 tractor tires and come away with a free gift

calendar

tape measure

insulated coffee mug

note pad &pen

thank you card with a pig on the front

selection of things to eat

Thank you Brocks  

post-1115-0-37861800-1421081780_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Now leaving as I have to get to the IMPERIAL WAR MUSEUM DUXFORD as FRONTIER  have a seminar/training day there today.

its going to be a long day today as I have a SUFFOLK FARM MACHINERY CLUB meeting tonight from 7pm till 9-30pm strong coffee will be needed I think

Nice easy run down the A14/A11 and A505 then Smithy ;) as for me been up since 12:45 am done another coat of paint on my conversion at 4am and now got my washing on .

That's the route we will be taking my mate colin is driving today as I drove to brocks last week

Where in cornwall mate? Watch it as they are giving snow around Bodmin way and across the moors there if you are doing the a30, believe me snow means chaos this way with the hills

Great!! I'm heading to a solar farm just off Winnards Perch roundabout????

There's loads of them going up along the a30 and General area, most past Bodmin , your up pretty high there, and it's very exposed, was working in St eval a week or two back ,about 4 miles from wiinnards , anywhere past launceston tomorrow, if it snows will be slippy ,a30 is usually down to one lane to keep it moving,

• Like 1

If your that late the end of the day's showing heavy rain and gailforce winds, so a normal Cornish winters day ,there's plenty of big lay-bys along the a30 for a stop, used to be a good truck stop at five lanes but I think that's gone now, there's also one a bit further along on the m5 at columpton, depending on your hours I guess