What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Finally got all the baling finished for this year. Did the last 16 acre of second cut, and 60 acre of wheat baled up and even managed to get the little baler going and made 230 of wheat. Some late nights to get done before the rain that came this morning.

post-4142-0-35106200-1442051207_thumb.jp

post-4142-0-43769700-1442051272_thumb.jp

post-4142-0-15523100-1442051313_thumb.jp

post-4142-0-76609000-1442051460_thumb.jp

post-4142-0-30157200-1442051631_thumb.jp

post-4142-0-63402000-1442051689_thumb.jp

post-4142-0-30539900-1442051743_thumb.jp

post-4142-0-52231500-1442051794_thumb.jp

post-4142-0-81815600-1442051853_thumb.jp

post-4142-0-67935700-1442051908_thumb.jp

post-4142-0-74299300-1442051946_thumb.jp

post-4142-0-49655100-1442051994_thumb.jp

post-4142-0-15212100-1442052049_thumb.jp

post-4142-0-25620100-1442052133_thumb.jp

post-4142-0-63990700-1442052220_thumb.jp

• Like 4

That press does a good job Smithy, have you drilled ant rape this year?

the press is cheaper to run than a power-harrow and as I use a combination drill it save power-harrowing twice but I sometimes still power-harrow some headlands as you head them right for turning with sprayer to save boom-bounce .Yes we have about 32acres of rape in the ground been in about 2 weeks had one flea beetle spray so far and one planed for next week the variety is ARAZZO my neighbour put it in with his tracked J/D and simba outfit did not get pictures this year as I was doing a job away from farm at the time  

Edited by smithy
  • Like 2

Kind of in shock after one of our neighbours died suddenly last night, only saw him last night after i picked a parcel up from them, seems he suffered a brain heamorage , his wife only noticed when he didnt get up at 8 am as he alway did

Sorry to he that sean similar thing happened to us a few weeks back a good friend was not well round mine on a Tuesday night told him to go to doctors which he did next day but by the start of following week he had gone in the mean time  another friend of his/mine phoned his wife to say how sorry he was to here the news put the phone down and he passed away so we had two shocks and 2 funerals      

Not been in long as Saturday morning started of a little bit wet so I went and spread some horse muck ready for ploughing in by then the sun was out so went and ploughed  another field in barking and next door they were cutting some wheat so I had something to watch when the wind had blown the dust away

• Like 2

had the architect  round today for approval of our final drawings ready for the planning application , certainly pays to think out of the box when applying, have still done a single story extension ,as advised, but its a open box to allow new  stairs to be fitted, thus giving us a huge amount of space in not just one room as planned  but 3 in total, have had to sacrifice a down stairs toilet , but that's no huge loss given the square meters we will gain in the house overall for a small extension, 

Came on here to catch up from last night and that took all of 2 seconds, so now I think I'll tickle my a##e with a feather  till I can find something better to do>:D

You're on the wrong website for that sort of thing Mark ;D

As for me spent the day filling pheasant feeders on the quad and a bit of fencing. Then browsing autotrader etc for my next car

• Like 1

It's been a lovely week weather wise, with not a cloud in the sky for days, it's forecast to change this weekend though.  Been busy with sheep work with a couple of batches to go through to treat a few lame ones and also preparing some mule gimmers for the breeding sale later this month. gave them their second 7 in 1 injection and dipped them today. Plan on getting the cubicle housing ready tomorrow for the cows to come in for the first time when the weather breaks. Hope to go to a local ploughing match on sun that I have always missed since it started a couple of years back. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

Started ripping out the bathroom ready for its new one, half the walls de tiled now, along with the tiled bath surround, and walls filled where it pulled the plaster off, next steps to move the bath back, and re plumb the waste in, then its a full replumb ready for a boiler move into a new storage cupboard i need to build, wouldnt mind but this was next years project in readyness for the extension, but she felt the need to order the new stuf last week and it arrives  Friday , women and planning eh 

• Like 2

Nearly at the point where stuff starts going back into the new bathroom, now got 1wall completely closer and the bath moved back to its new spot, got some of the new units in to measure up and mark up on the wall. Tomorrows putting the new plumbing in for the waste and starting the new water plumbing for the sink'toilet and bath,sadly the taps didn't arrive Friday with the rest of the order and are due Wednesday, so a few evenings are due this week, as I only have Saturday next weekend  as its toy trac 8)

Up early this morning, cycled all 38 miles of the Camel trail, got some shopping for Mrs Mdf, washed my car and the Mrs's, made up some feed for the hens,swept the chimney, then polished my car.

I think a cider is due now....