What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Had to take my car in today for a water leak ,needs a new part, and is actually out for recall over it, nice gent, he booked it for next week,and as a sorry all being well I will have a m 4 convertible  or a m4 coupe with full tank of fuel at no cost  for 3 days , wouldn't be 3 days usually but they want to fit the new parts and give it a real good douse down once every thing settled as this is the first one they have done, so it aids in others, with that on offer I could really say no really 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

Have you checked the engine mapping ect Jordan?? If you go for after market stuff sometimes it throws it out , may just need a rolling road tune to correct the small flat spots in the mapping . Mates golf had similar issues when he messed with it, didn't take much to sort just a few minor tweaks 

I've not had it mapped yet Sean but I've found the problem the offending article is my EGR valve. Before I cleaned it it must have been stuck in the closed position but didn't throw up a light on the dash. I have taken the vacum hose off now and plugged it so it won't open and hey presto back to how it was before. If I leave I like this least I can stick the hose back on just before the MOT haha!! Nice Sean you will have a m4 for a few days they do look and sound very nice. 

Edited by Jordan_coe2012

I am not a football fan but I had an appointment nearby today so I thought I would share the photo, hopefully Anfield Vario will see this one

SAM_8122_zpslpmzq5vs.jpg

Did you know that Aston Villa set up a help line today for those who are stressed about the result yesterday, 0800 06 06 06 ;D

• Like 3

Had a nice relaxing day, started work at 8. AI'd 5 cows, did some foot trimming, milked this afternoon and toddled off home for 6. Feels like I've accomplished something though today.

Now I'll be like a kid at Christmas as my new pick up arrives tomorrow 

• Like 1

On the wet days the last few weeks I was over Martyns cleaning up parts ready for tractors that he is building ready for the shows but on what few dry days we have had I have put a new liner in the wife's pond as old one had been in about 20 years and was leaking just finished laying the slabs she plan on putting fish back in this week as they are at present in a IBC container  

20160219_145725.jpg

20160219_145702.jpg

Another project I started last winter was this building which one end is for my E27N tractor which is in storage at Martyns  and have in the last few weeks put a little kitchen area and toilet in the other end as I don't live on the farm it will save me running home to make a drink and things also somewhere to hide up in on cold days (or if she kicks me out) just got to clear out the left over stuff from the tractor end build a work bench up the far end and when the weather improves give it another coat of paint and some guttering . It only has a cold water supply at the moment but plan to put a small instant electric water heater in at a later date, also I have the tiles to put along the worktop/sink are but wont be this week as got a lot of other things to do as I am off to Tractor World on Friday     

20160219_160246.jpg

20160219_160203.jpg

20160219_160143.jpg

20160219_160122.jpg

20160219_155959.jpg

20160219_160315.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Looking good there Smithy :) 

Thanks Paul ,if you look closely you can see spots of Rust coming out of the blocks ,as a lot of blocks and bricks are made with recycled materials these days and there is tiny fragments getting past the magnets on some new house builds I now off hole bricks have had there face pushed off ,as most blocks are internal or clad over it has not been as much off a problem    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mb86 said:

That looks ideal smithy, are you putting a stove in as well? If it was in London you could get a grand a week if you let it out!

No plans for stove at the moment have got a small electric heater in there at the moment ,yes a grand a week sounds good all them models I called buy

• Like 1