What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

On 12/30/2018 at 3:56 PM, smithy said:

Oil seemed to be coming out of the rocker-box cover so I lifted the lid and found the gasket had moved and curled up letting out oil , I have a new one in stock so will fit it for my mate in next few days

20181230_111825.jpg

20181230_111807.jpg

20181230_111740.jpg

That's a common problem with these and the later 4/98 engines Smithy, some folk get around it by gluing the gasket to the rocker box with a small bead of instant gasket, and then after cleaning the mating surface on the head they apply another thin bead on the underside of the gasket so once the pair are married back together it's "glued" to both surfaces and it stops it from rolling like shown in your photo ;) i had the same issue with the one on my 804, but since i done it that way the jobs been a bobber :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That is what I have done Paul ,did it this morning well it was yesterday morning as its the new year now you might just see a bit of the blue instant gasket around the edge's ,will give the 8 screws that hold it down  another bit of a turn later once the silicone has set  going to sort out the exhaust as well as it has had a bit welded on before but that is now breaking up   

20181231_104125.jpg

20181231_104153.jpg

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:58 PM, Tractorman810 said:

whos that bale grab trailer by smithy, unusal design pivoting   like that, most have a chassis wih the grab part  as a trailer like system . 

It is a Farmhand ,this is two poor shots of the name plate on it and you can just make out Farmhand on it

20181231_102935.jpg

20181231_103009.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, smithy said:

That is what I have done Paul ,did it this morning well it was yesterday morning as its the new year now you might just see a bit of the blue instant gasket around the edge's ,will give the 8 screws that hold it down  another bit of a turn later once the silicone has set  going to sort out the exhaust as well as it has had a bit welded on before but that is now breaking up   

20181231_104125.jpg

20181231_104153.jpg

Grand job smithy ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

c heers smithy, i know they did flat 8 and 10 grabs and sledges, but not seen a grab trailer before from them, kind of makes sence being different, most of their stuff wasnt the norm looks wise, we had a big twin axel spreader from them for a while, very american looking ,tripple beaters, meant to be arround 10 tons , but the thing was for ever kicking the chains off for the floor belts, and the same on the drive sprockets chain drives ,  so it went after 2 seasons, and we went back to the 2x kidd 7 ton fymax’s ,just moved them between the 2 farms, and a 3rd was over the last farm .wasnt worth the 15 mile drive shifting them,unlike the combine 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ferret90 said:

Went out with the bloodhounds, very good day :) ...IMG_7813.thumb.PNG.c7fcfe7ade7b15e436da013058f0adc8.PNG

No offence to you Ted, but I have to admit, from a farmers point of view, my opinion of the hunt up in our area and their general lack of respect for other people's livelihoods is not great, in fact I think if I aired my opinion my post would have to be so heavily censored it would probably be unreadable.:(

• Like 5

1 minute ago, 844john said:

No offence to you Ted, but I have to admit, from a farmers point of view, my opinion of the hunt up in our area and their general lack of respect for other people's livelihoods is not great, in fact I think if I aired my opinion my post would have to be so heavily censored it would probably be unreadable.:(

Yes John, I completely understand where you are coming from, a lot of the hunts are like that (foxhounds mainly) but these are "the farmers bloodhounds" so most of the riders and followers are landowners and farmers. I totally understand your opinion though :) 

• Like 3

That's very true in our area Ted, the foxhounds are a real problem for a lot of farmers, especially in the run up to lambing time, I'm sure it would help if more of them were farmers who understood and respected the countryside instead of a lot of pi**ed up hoorays that we seem to have

• Like 4

i think thats the uk spec machine, not seen any others like the us version over here,  there are 3/4 for sale online or have been sold,and all are the same, our was bought new ,that much i do know .so not a conversion or anything.got a feeling i may have a brouchure for it,not sure, will have to look 

my grandad had a buffalo when they bought the farmhand ,and right  until they got the kidds, thing was still sat in the dutch barn, in the corner,where it had been parked up x years before , when we sold up , tyres were flat, but wood wise it was sound as a pound, suspect it would still have worked with some oil etc, was always washed out and oiled before parking up. not sure why it never went in the machinery autcion, honestly suspect they forgot it was even there, few bales in front etc so easliy missed always fancied making one fpr the layout to be honest, again have the brouchure ready 

15 hours ago, Ferret90 said:

Yes John, I completely understand where you are coming from, a lot of the hunts are like that (foxhounds mainly) but these are "the farmers bloodhounds" so most of the riders and followers are landowners and farmers. I totally understand your opinion though :) 

We used to have problems with the foxhounds many years ago but since a local landowner at least 15years ago became master of the hunt things improved and we now let them back on are land , he always ring well in advance to see if we have anything that's happening on them days so he would avoid it and another call just before hand in case we had forgot they are coming    

• Like 2

Went out this morning and finished last years spraying putting astrokerb on the oilseed rape to take out grass weeds ,we planted 12 hectares of rape but only about 6 of that is good we will rip a bit of it up when spring gets here might be a bigger bit if pigeons attack what is there will replant with spring barley   

20190106_105858.jpg

20190106_105846.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tractorman810 said:

didnt you have problems with your rape crop last year as well smithy ?

Last year was ok Sean ,it was the year before that when we ripped it all up and ploughed in some beans ,it is the same field ,we was a bit late getting it in this time as contractors was late on bailing straw and it just did not rain when we needed it