What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Had to go to one of my local dealers this week , AGRI-HIRE  at Bramford  near Ipswich , the owner Tim Hubert has had his Dowdeswell DP8 A plough that he uses for match ploughing shot blasted and painted up and them rebuilt with new wearing parts ,then he has sat it in a frame with hidden wheels and pushed it into there showroom ,as we cant walk around the show room at the moment i could only take this one photo  

IMG_20210317_105738.jpg

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

was there a dealer ho that way at some point smithy ? there used to be a good few of them around worlingworth and that way , inc a few crawlers, and i never did find out where they came from dealer wise 

Yes it was Tuckwells of Worlingworth . There is a one man band dealer out near Sudbury that i got a water pump from a couple of years ago  ,he is Chris Bright or Brightwell cant remember ,i went there to pick up the pump but the gasket was missing so he said he would deliver it ,i was expecting him to turn up in a van but he pulled into my yard in one of them orange 3 wheeled Bond-Buggies  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, smithy said:

Yes it was Tuckwells of Worlingworth . There is a one man band dealer out near Sudbury that i got a water pump from a couple of years ago  ,he is Chris Bright or Brightwell cant remember ,i went there to pick up the pump but the gasket was missing so he said he would deliver it ,i was expecting him to turn up in a van but he pulled into my yard in one of them orange 3 wheeled Bond-Buggies  

i never knew tuckwells did belarus, knew they started as fordson, then became the uk’s  first jd dealer, but dont recall seeing belarus tractors  in the yard, and i used to go in most saturdays with my uncle just to see what was going on ,i domt recall it being in the article in ct mag either when they did the history off them and the jd franchise either . i assume its old man len tuckwell we are on about, as he formed the company .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

i never knew tuckwells did belarus, knew they started as fordson, then became the uk’s  first jd dealer, but dont recall seeing belarus tractors  in the yard, and i used to go in most saturdays with my uncle just to see what was going on ,i domt recall it being in the article in ct mag either when they did the history off them and the jd franchise either . i assume its old man len tuckwell we are on about, as he formed the company .

Yes it was Len Tuckwell , i had a mate that was in his eighty's when he passed away about 10 years ago he used to demonstrate them , he told me there was 4 or 5 Russians come over to help sort out any problems ,none could speak English , Tuckwells put them in bed an breakfast at i think it was the Cherry Tree Inn at Debenham , the landlord at the time had to call in Len Tuckwell as they had a habit of spitting on the floor      

the cherry tree inn, remember that place 😁 had the odd lunch there and occasional pint when we used the dealer there for parts, right in the middle of the village, names gone now,but they did a lot of grass kit .will have to ask my uncle when i am up in may( covid allowing) if they were around when he started, i only remember jd 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

the cherry tree inn, remember that place 😁 had the odd lunch there and occasional pint when we used the dealer there for parts, right in the middle of the village, names gone now,but they did a lot of grass kit .will have to ask my uncle when i am up in may( covid allowing) if they were around when he started, i only remember jd 

Bloomfield's,   yes did grass kit and they was the best N/H Combine dealer around for parts and service ,they had a big stock of new and refurbished parts on the shelf , all there workers would go the extra mile to help you out , sadly they no longer deal in machinery they only do grain handling equipment ,and i think they are owned by Ben Burgess   

4 hours ago, smithy said:

Bloomfield's,   yes did grass kit and they was the best N/H Combine dealer around for parts and service ,they had a big stock of new and refurbished parts on the shelf , all there workers would go the extra mile to help you out , sadly they no longer deal in machinery they only do grain handling equipment ,and i think they are owned by Ben Burgess   

Thats them, always had stuff out on display on the main road . Remember them being very helpful and they did give me a britains  ford 6600 one year , proper old school dealer 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...