1/32 Precisions

Bill Walters

i like the fords but most of the fords have been done before by Britian's we had the britains jubilee ford tractor a few years ago which represented the 7810 or another case maxxum lets have something different ,new casings , if you want a true 1.32? 7810 Theres a link on this website with one that is bob on ,Don't get me wrong its a good choice for a precision but it will just be another regurgitation of an old model from Britian's ,This is the chance to have something differant ,not done before

Hey Bill,

Glad to see you over here, just got back in the country myself.

Know you are asking yourself where to go next with the 1/32 precisions.  Here are my two cents.

1.  In the interim, do a Quadtrac - you have half the tooling, the STX on tripples never sold in big numbers, real or prototype here in Europe due width issues.  Most STX's sold were QT's.

2.  Develop a model with appeal both sides of the pond and one that will have be the basis of an evolving range.  I would do the following:

Year 1    Holmer Terra Variant and Horsch Anderson 60foot ATD Drill

Year 2    Challenger MT 765 & Horsch Drill

Terra Variant & Slurry Tanker

Year 3    Terragator  Euro & US Soec

Horsch Anderson Drill

Terravariant & Chaser

Year 4  QT & Plow

Terravaiant & Plow

Cat VFS System

Any way that'll do for starters.

Can contact me usual way

Steve

The Ford(NH) 7810, 7840 and TS115 were really big sellers for Ford/NH on this side of the pond. None of them have been made in 1:32 in the mainstream.

Whether a classic model like these would sell in sufficient volume would be an issue though.

In the mainstream of modern tractors, the make with the best potential is MF. The 6400, 7400 and 8400 ranges have not been modelled in 1:32 (yet!), and, as mentioned above, they offer possibilities to be rebranded in other AgCo US sub-brands.

Me, I'd love to see a TV-140 (with loader, attachments, removable duals, etc., etc.), a TVT, or a TG (ideally with "proper", full size, tyres!).

The TVT could offer the possibility of Steyr and Case variants - and the Case CVX has already been produced as a standard 1:32 model by Britains.

Moving away from tractors, and at the risk of sounding like a scratched record, the Claas/Ford combines from way-back-when could offer another possibility. The main advantage being the cross-pond attraction, and the "must have both variants" disease that many of us here suffer from.

Me, I'd like the Senator/Mercator based model as I drove a Mercator when I was young, but something tells me the Dominator version would be more popular.

• 1 month later...

I'd have to go with a drill/planter. A big Flexicoil or Deere drill like they have in the States with a trailed hopper buggy or a big Vadertsadt/Simba/Horsch like us English guys see up and down the land.

For a vehicle however, the Ford 7810 is a shot in the dark but I think it really qualifies. They are as popular now in the metal for collectors and farmers alike. It's a cracking looking tractor if ever there was one and to see a precision model of this would be fantastic. The STX and JD T precisions are wondeful pieces of craft work, I have the JD and it is a gem but neither are classic which we can all identify with. Close rival would of course be the JD 3650 if it isn't to be a blue model. My own fresh suggestion goes completely the other way, Terra-Gator 2103. Monster, self propelled, artic steer spreader. (See my post in "real vehicles" or something) Tebbe spreader bof for us over here and something more suitable for you guys in America like a big fertiliser hopper or something.

• 1 month later...