That should say a lot!

JC

well  class are shippig a lot of combines from their factory. I am based in gutersloh just about 5miles from the factor and the amount of combines leaving by road or train is crazy

I went to King's school in Gutersloh in the mid 80's lived in Bielefeld at the time.

Probably going to make a right t*t of myself now, but here goes.  As a kid, I always noted the number plate of the combine as a way to ID it (which worked out quite handy when you could see a particular machine working over a wide area).  Anyway, of all those I 'I-D'd' over the years, Claas won hands down; heres how they were spread: (all of these around North Shropshire/Wales Border, by the way)

Claas - 47

New Holland - 31

Deere - 20

Bamford/Laverda/Fiatagri - 18

MF - 15

Deutz - 10

BM Volvo - 4

Clayson - 3

International - 3

Allis Chalmers - 2

Case IH - 1

Bizon - 1

If you want to know what the different models of each make were can post that as well, thats when you've stopped laughing at this incredibly sad individual  :(

Joe

Probably going to make a right t*t of myself now, but here goes.  As a kid, I always noted the number plate of the combine as a way to ID it (which worked out quite handy when you could see a particular machine working over a wide area).  Anyway, of all those I 'I-D'd' over the years, Claas won hands down; heres how they were spread: (all of these around North Shropshire/Wales Border, by the way)

Claas - 47

New Holland - 31

Deere - 20

MF - 15

Deutz - 10

BM Volvo - 4

Clayson - 3

International - 3

Allis Chalmers - 2

Case IH - 1

Bizon - 1

If you want to know what the different models of each make were can post that as well, thats when you've stopped laughing at this incredibly sad individual  :(

Joe

Nothing wrong with it; makes interesting reading! :)

Did you take any photos of the Bizon by any chance? 8)

Did you take any photos of the Bizon by any chance?

Unfortunately not; I only ever saw it in the field the one time, and it was broken down then!  The neighbouring farm came to their rescue with their Clayson M133!  I think the Bizon was sold soon after, the farm that owned it started using a Contractor to do their harvest.

Joe

Claas - 47

New Holland - 31

Deere - 20

MF - 15

Deutz - 10

BM Volvo - 4

Clayson - 3

International - 3

Allis Chalmers - 2

Case IH - 1

Bizon - 1

Joe

Nothing wrong with that mate, I spot tractors and combines by their plates on occasions too, so no worries...... :);)

I think I have a photo of one of the Bamford M132's in a barn with an International 431 but I'm afraid I don't have many pix, sorry.

This is how the list breaks down though:

ALLIS-CHALMERS - 2x5000's

BM VOLVO - 3xS900, 1xS950

CASE IH - 1x525

CLAAS - 1xMERCURY, 2xMATADOR, 2xMERCATOR, 1xSENATOR (no number), 5xSENATOR 60, 2xSENATOR 70, 1xSENATOR 85, 1xPROTECTOR SIX, 2xDOMINATOR 80, 6xDOMINATOR 85's, 1xDOMINATOR 68, 1x DOMINATOR 78S, 1xDOMINATOR 86, 3xDOMINATOR 88S, 6xDOMINATOR 96's, 3xDOMINATOR 98S's, 1x DOMINATOR 106, 1xDOMINATOR 108SL, 2xDOMINATOR 118SL, 1xMEGA 202, 1 MEGAx208, and 1xLEXION 460.

CLAYSON - 1xM103, 2xM133

DEUTZ-FAHR - 1xM922, 3xM1102, 2xM2630, 1xM2680, 1xM35.70, 1xM35.80, 1xM36.10

FMZ BIZON - 1 SUPER

INTERNATIONAL - 1x8-51, 1x431, 1x1460

JD - 2x955, 1x960, 3x1055, 1x1065, 2x1072, 2x1075, 1x1174, 3x1188, 1x2054, 1x2254, 2x2264, 1xCTS

LAVERDA/BAMFORD/FIATAGRI ETC - 5xM120, 1xM150, 2xM112, 3xM132, 4xM152, 1x3450, 1x3600, 1x3750

MF - 1x515, 1x506, 1x525, 1x440, 1x307, 3x665, 1x750, 2x865, 1x24, 1x27, 1x 31, 1x36

NH - 2x1530, 1xS-1550, 3x8050, 6x8060, 3x8070, 2x8080, 4xTX32, 6xTX34, 1xTX36, 2xTX62, 1xTX67

There you go!  I will try and find what pix I have and scan some if you want to see them,

All the best,

Joe

Nice one Joe... nothing wrong in that fella.... and a 506 and a 307... both fairly rare machines... where did you spot those exactly 

They were both near Oswestry - the 307 was at a dealers (Shukers) and seemed to be there for ages - I should point out that I 'spotted' these over a number of years and the 307 was a long time ago.  The 506 was P reg I think - but I did see it more recently, well within the last 10/12 years!

There were a lot of others I wished I'd taken photos of - the Allis Chalmers 5000's and the BM Volvos for instance.  I will try and post some old scans later, not sure if I've got anything that exciting though

Joe

Can anyone tell me how to post pix - I have nicked some of my own I posted on TTS that I will post here!!  (If I can work out how!!)

Be Warned - there are some JQ's amongst!

Cheers,

Joe

post as normal then click on "additional options" and browse for the relavent file on your pc..... pic size needs to be less than 115kb though.

I've decided I may as well be an all out saddo so I've begun putting regs of Combines from photo sites/dealers etc into an excel list as well, so if anyone has any to add or knows of any dealer sites that might be worth a look I'd be grateful to hear from you.

Now, where did I put my anorak?

;)

Joe

I've decided I may as well be an all out saddo so I've begun putting regs of Combines from photo sites/dealers etc into an excel list as well, so if anyone has any to add or knows of any dealer sites that might be worth a look I'd be grateful to hear from you.

Now, where did I put my anorak?

;)

Joe

I think it's hanging in the cupboard with your train spotting binoculors  ;)