John Deere vote

JohnDeerePower

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody has there favourites and dislikes i'll admit the 6010 deeres were extremly nice but all the things i've seen and heard with the 20 series i wouldnt touch. Round here fendt and MF rules the roost for large farmers with my boss running a 926 and 818 with no problems and his partner running 3 fendt 900's no problems his deere 6920 in and out of the workshop constantly and i hear he's changed it for a 7480. My boss says the 926 has had its problems but then its lifting 7 furrows all year and now pulling a claydon drill not light loads any tractor doing that work 1500hrs a year will have at least 1 or two minor problems. But its all down to the person i will always be MF and fendt manas i prefer how they feel etc

mmm from reading the first few posts i thought this was gonna be a stupid topic again worth deleting, like most colour wars ::), seemed to have turned out better towards the end  :) :)

of course i wont post a real reply as i've only driven an MF ;)

we have 4 deeres where i work

4450 4wd nearly 20,000 hrs engine rebild at10,000

4755 4wd again about 18,000 hrs

4555 2wd 10,600 hrs

and a 8310 2500 hrs

i like the older ones the best bit more simple but still good tractors dont really care for the 8310 jumpy gears not to impressed with the power either much rather use the mx270

for heavy work pulls way better but it does have more power

we also have 2 jd combines must admit jd are way way behind on technolgy for the combines

well pointed out rob,

fergy drives keep buying with confidence over the years

Be fair to say that confidence has been on thin ice in the past,hence MF's big push to get back on top.

At the end of the day all that said I still get a bigger kick out of driveing a fergie than I do a deere. :)

yeah good point they did slip with the after care ,but not as bad as they used to be

one thing i have noticed so far is there seems to be a draw towards the older jd models on here so far, even with some of the younger members? wonder why that is

i am the same with fergys mate? do you hate me then  :D :D :D :D :D

like me,if thats all you have driven then thats your choice/brand i guess, i was arround jd's with my uncle working/still working for tuckwells,and in those days they were a big big compnay,but never liked them,and they were the "good" ones so to speak

yeah good point they did slip with the after care ,but not as bad as they used to be

one thing i have noticed so far is there seems to be a draw towards the older jd models on here so far, even with some of the younger members? wonder why that is

I just love the engine note of the old 6 cylinder engine fitted in the 30/33/3650 models, such user friendly tractors as well. Spent many a happy hour hedgecutting with a 2850 and enjoyed every minute of it despite the lack of air con. Don't rate the newer models, i had a 6900 blow the head gasket and head at 3 years old and 2500hrs

i am the same with fergys mate? do you hate me then  :D :D :D :D :D

like me,if thats all you have driven then thats your choice/brand i guess, i was arround jd's with my uncle working/still working for tuckwells,and in those days they were a big big compnay,but never liked them,and they were the "good" ones so to speak

But you wont denie all machines have there good points  ???

the tractors went wrong fine,but it was the after service that ruined mf in the late 80's and 90's now they are getting better

i have herd some people who changed brands not down to the tractor but the service,if it goes wrong which all do,you need back up,just look at tanvics class600 and your class ,they broke,they appeared and fixed,thats the eway it should be,when you pay the dosh for that sort of thing you expect it,  

the younger one,s see more JD,s and think they must be the best . just like football just lately there seem,s to be more chelsea fans about

yeah thats true mate,testement to the older models to that youngsters today still see them as well,all barnads to

the tractors went wrong fine,but it was the after service that ruined mf in the late 80's and 90's now they are getting better

i have herd some people who changed brands not down to the tractor but the service,if it goes wrong which all do,you need back up,just look at tanvics class600 and your class ,they broke,they appeared and fixed,thats the eway it should be,when you pay the dosh for that sort of thing you expect it,  

You are right here! more and more people are looking at after sales and Parts before they concider a brand.  You will also find the dealer network will determine most of the preferences.  In Essex its mainly NH or Case due to Does having over 20 Depots - In Kent its JD and NH as MF has only established a strong dealer this year. and so on.

Just for interest has anyone purchased a machine whether a tractor of machine from a dealer miles away just to get what you want with out dealer or farmer influence - or have you purchased on recommendation from your local dealer, sales rep or Farmers using local dealers?  

aftersales is what really counts ,parts instock there and then less down time and less lost productivity,

hence why class win at mo,there in 20 mins for mf fan, just lend tanvics old man the demo combines header,i mean that could be out earning them a possible sale,or 2 on another farm,but they just take it out of the field like that

I vote for J D,s because I like the colour, hence my site name .Never driven one in my life I love my new Fendt 818 wish it was mine

Now thats the honest answer :D:)  

I like JDs Colour

MF cab design as there leavers etc are very ergonomic when we use drills and balers.  

Valtra because they have as a company a positive drive to succeed in this declining market.

I dislike case as they have lost the plot a little with there range but hopefully the restructure this year will bring them out of it.

Unfortunatly I don't care much about the drive and performance as machinery is my thing.