Scratch built Vaderstad Rapid 6M drill

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That tank is plasticard, will be taking a mould from it though just incase!  ::)

The disc mountings are from a Centaur on the main body and scratch built on the wings, rear wheels from the accord drill, discs from the amazone centaur and two siku grubbers.

That tank is plasticard, will be taking a mould from it though just incase!  ::)

The disc mountings are from a Centaur on the main body and scratch built on the wings, rear wheels from the accord drill, discs from the amazone centaur and two siku grubbers.

nice curves and angles!!!

were they a bu@@er to glue or did it stay in shape  ???

If you decide to make the 3m version, give me a pm, as we have got one and I can get you as many pictures as you like.

Also the model looks great, but if this is only the prototype I would change where the tank is mounted, as you have it over the front of the set of system discs, and I think if memory serves correct it should be mounted over the rear set of applicator discs.  I am sure this is just a minor modification. 

If you decide to make the 3m version, give me a pm, as we have got one and I can get you as many pictures as you like.

Also the model looks great, but if this is only the prototype I would change where the tank is mounted, as you have it over the front of the set of system discs, and I think if memory serves correct it should be mounted over the rear set of applicator discs.  I am sure this is just a minor modification. 

Its about 1cm too far forward in those pics, I still have the mountings to make for the tank along with the raise and lower mechanism, A 3m version is the most likely one to be produced in bulk as this version requires too many models breaking for the discs etc.

In my version I have used 2 sets of briatians discs and for the packer wheels I have used the wheels of the front of the UH bombard, but this harvest season has been so hectic, I haven't had time to finish it. Maybe going this way might help keep costs down, for the 6m.  As for a 3m you would have to completely redesign the tank. 

In my version I have used 2 sets of briatians discs and for the packer wheels I have used the wheels of the front of the UH bombard, but this harvest season has been so hectic, I haven't had time to finish it. Maybe going this way might help keep costs down, for the 6m.  As for a 3m you would have to completely redesign the tank. 

I know.  :)

Here's one in the background......

100_2546.jpg

I thought I would give it a go after Scott layed down the gauntlett the other week, still loads to do but interested to hear what you think.

I think I'll have one  ;) You can send it down with the Terra-Gator. . . .another gauntlet for you  ;)