AGRIUM MODELS - LOW LOADER PROTOTYPE

Im getting nearer to finishing the prototype.? It will be on display at Spalding this year.

Depending on interest, I will decide whether to put the model into production.

Please tell me if I do what Manufacturers do you want to see.? The Spalding model will be a HERBST model, with decals, long vehicle signs etc.

low_loader_prototype.jpg

Its currently sat on the back of a MTX 175 with chunkier tyres.

Nice work Ian,That looks really impressive I can't wait to see that all painted up at Spalding.I guess the protype is plastic but the production model will be a mix of white metal and resin,prehaps even a real wood floor that would be really cool.

Yes very good work Ian. I would buy one of you, no doubt about it. Looks like there is tons of detail on it especially on the ramps. As for what makes there aren't that many are there?? The only ones I can think of, of the top of my head are:

Chieftain

Kane

NC

McCauley

Fraser

and out of those I would choose either McCauley or NC.

Also Ian can you e-mail me about those models press, spreader, squeeze etc

Thanks

Nathan

Thanks

The back recess for the bucket is Checkerplate and I've tried to keep the ramps as genuine to HERBST ones as possible.  The only difference is that chieftan and some others are ladder style rear ramps.  It is possible to offer both when you order one, you choose.

I want this model to be as detailed as possible.  It will come with small pieces of wood for chocks and chain to anchor the machines.

I am contemplating both of those models.  I need to speak more with the casting company about limitations on size and complexity of shapes.

A Kuhn front mounted mower is high on my priorities as the UH one is out soon and I'd like to give it the front mounted to finish the model off.

Im producing a new front guard for the John Deere 6920 and a different one for the Massey Ferguson 5455.  I want to try and get them as genuine as possible.

So many ideas and not enough time to do them

Suggestions?????????????????????????????????????/

I am sure the Harry West Dual Spreader would be a big seller if you where to make one and probably the dump trailer too although a different manufacturer other than McCauley would be better as there aren't as big as say Kane or Marston for instance.

A Kuhn mower would be good too could maybe paint them in JD colours to go with the Britains JD mower.

My suggestions would be:

Root crop equipment like Haulm Toppers, Planters, Harvesters, Picking Tables etc.

Silaging equipment like tedders, hesston baler, bale chasers, flat and silage trailers etc.

General farm equipment like straw choppers, Quicke Loader, Pivot steer telehandler.

The list is endless believe me :);):D

Thanks

Nathan

nice trailer!!, what would the price be??

Ideas i'd go with NCC, some root equipment would be great, its in very short supply!!

Another thing i have bene thinking about was additonal buckets for the 3CX!

Price is an unknown at the moment

I haven't really thought how difficult it would be to get cast.  I will only make it if it is castable.  It would take me hours if not to get the detail, and there will be a limit as to if it is worth it.

Casting will make it quicker but I dont want to loose the detail

Dual01.jpg

The good thing about attempting one of these is there are a few manufacturers who make something similar.? Im going to speak to the cast company this week about how big parts like trailer bodies can be cast and how to keep the weight down.