Rough old County

Deere-est

Here are some pics of a County logging tractor at a timber yard I was delivering too. One of the guys had to move it and he barely turned the key and she fired straight away. Sounded rough with an exhaust like that but shows testiment to the old block under all that rubbish tin work.

How come we see these 40 year old Fords working hard for a living, but we never see 40 year olds from other brands?

Strange one that!  ::)

Just goes to show how correct County, Roadless, MuirHill, Northrop, Doe and EVA were in their choice of skid unit!  ;)

Alot of truth in some of that but I do know of plenty of old MF's still earning their crust. (and they didnt need modifying to keep going ;-) ) Guess with Ford and MF it just comes down to production numbers.

How come we see these 40 year old Fords working hard for a living, but we never see 40 year olds from other brands?

Just goes to show how correct County, Roadless, MuirHill, Northrop, Doe and EVA were in their choice of skid unit!  ;)

Cant comment there as no longer a ford in the area bar few collectors machines  :D :D :D

Here here but not forgetting  ;) Matbro & Bray and Chaseside Stan  ;) ;)

what else was around 40 years ago it wasnt until the late 70s early 80s other brands started to get a following

ah we do mate, see no one has pointed out the real reason you don't see mf's done to county style have they? its because they were just as good as the modifyed ford into county as a 2wd standard machine :D :D :D :D

na the countys were years ahead in there day, ands like all older british built machine of there year very very well built with proper craftsman like finish, unlike the modern stuff, if anything they over enginered stuff in those days hence there still arround today

• 4 weeks later...

going to say wasn't the 754 a ford force 5000

More or less Marcus  ;) ;)

Some of the old forestry countys were mix and match bits and bobs from the 5000 ;)

I've always struggled to identify the forestry countys even with all the literature I have on them  ;)

More or less Marcus  ;) ;)

Some of the old forestry countys were mix and match bits and bobs from the 5000 ;)

I've always struggled to identify the forestry countys even with all the literature I have on them  ;)

Quite true hard to know what you could find at times :D :D