NEW BRUDER models 2007 - JD 7930 - Claas pickup

Kolpen

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I recently had a brilliant idea. Well it seemed like a good one at the time.

I have a Universal hobbies Power major that has no attachments or implements to fit on to it, so  I thought converting Bruder implements to fit may be a good idea, as they too are 1/16th scale.

I was going to cut down their five furrow plough and make it into a three furrow model, convert a Lemken cultivator into a rigid tine only model, and alter the drawbar on a Welger tipping trailer to suit.

I ordered all three implements and eagerly awaited their arrival.......................only to find that they are chuffin enormous and look more like 1/12th scale by comparison. Something has gone wrong somewhere. UH reckon theirs is true 1/16th so they should all be around the same size. Doooh  :(

Now I have three very well made and nice looking models and nothing to put them on. Were Power Majors much smaller than I remember them? Or are modern implements much bigger than they were. I know that modern tractors make PM's look very small but I had hoped to do something with them. Now I have two options, either to put the Bruder stuff away and forget about it or buy a Bruder Tractor and start converting them to make them more realistic. After all they do a very good range of models too???????

:(???:)

BRUDER Implements IS bigger.

I convert ERTL tractors to radio control to work and operate as the real one. As for ERTL like UH they don't offer too many implements for this size (1/16). Well, ERTL does, but not enough for the big horsepower newage tractors, which I am looking for.

That means I also have to look at BRUDER implements. I use the LEMKEN Smaragd grubber, looks realistic to my ERTL JD 7920. Wagons, harrows, rakes etc. is too big.... Maybe it's the lack of details/plastic build or maybe they missed something on the calculator.

Also SIKU Junior (not made anymore) is too big to be called 1/16.

I had some drawing for a frontlift printet in 1/16 scale from HeVa. The drawings matched the tractor very well (Ertl 1/16), that makes me sure to call ERTL for real 1/16 scale....

/Anders

Plough bodies can't be easy though ???

I never saw Anders plough when it was finished. Did it get finished?

I know of only one company that makes good 1/16th scale models and they are way beyond my pocket. That is www.classic-combines.com. Their PZ Haybob is around three hundred and seventy five pounds. I expect I've spent less than that on all the models I've collected in the last year and a half. :o;):(