IMAGINE IF BRITAINS HAD DONE THIS IN 1948 .....................

Thanks mate,it was abit of a fiddle but worth it in the end.

I was also torn between just restoring it as standard and modifying it like I have .

It almost felt criminal to modify such an old and usually sought after tractor.

The main thing which steered me towards modiying it was the price of the scrapper.

I paid ?24.00 for this e27n,a corgi supermajor which is mint and acorgi mf 65 with bucket.

I ahve allready sold the corgi supermajor so the e27n doesn't owe me a penny.

Thanks mate,it was abit of a fiddle but worth it in the end.

I was also torn between just restoring it as standard and modifying it like I have .

It almost felt criminal to modify such an old and usually sought after tractor.

The main thing which steered me towards modiying it was the price of the scrapper.

I paid ?24.00 for this e27n,a corgi supermajor which is mint and acorgi mf 65 with bucket.

I ahve allready sold the corgi supermajor so the e27n doesn't owe me a penny.

I bet it's worth an absoloute fortune though Steve!!  :o

nice one steve , but 1948 ? i've a 2006 MF1505 & that hasn't got britains compatable linkage either  :D :D :D :D

what goes around comes around  ::)

Yes I know what you're saying mate . ;)

If I could get another cheap E27n I might have ago at building one with steering as well .

very nice indeed mate, where did you get the other parts from then? arches ect

Thanks Sean ,I buy all of my parts for restoring from Brian Norman (01646 661645) .

As you can see ,for this tractor I had to get mudguards,exhaust,air cleaner,steering wheel,front axle,seat assembly,rear linkage and all 4 tyres and the decals.They were all bits he had in stock and all repro bits.

The tyres were ?4.00 each ,not cheap,but they are as close to original as you will find and he has the initial outlay to start making them in the first place.

I do buy bits from Steve Flowers and Karen Harris as well for some jobs.

Excellent job Steve.

Don't know if this will be of any help to you.

www.soldierpac.com 

I have never bought from them but they have been around for quite a few years. They have the spudded version and I know they did do the rubber tyred version, but I can't see it on the site.

WOW  :o :o :o :o

What a site !

I am getting in touch with them tomorrow,the e27n looks very good,as does most of the other stuff.

Thanks very much for you help Britfatmer . :)

I've been through the site and the kits look really good.

I have also found that they do the tyres etc for the e27n so I am going to order some bits and have a go at some more modifications to the old Fordson.They also do the old 2 wheeled tipping trailer which looks good.From what I have seen the prices seem pretty fair too.

Thanks again for bringing it to my and everyone elses attention . :)

• 4 weeks later...

Following on from THEBRITFARMER's lead ,I have purchased on of the repro e27ns and modified it a little.

Its fitted with a monroe muledozer which works by turning the extra steering wheel,this then moves the blade up and down.I still need to fit decals and finishing touches but its almost there.I was unsure of the colour of the real muledozer because I worked from a black and white photo.I know Britains made them orange or blue but does anyone know what colour they were in real life ?

I ould love to know for potential future conversions etc. :)