power harrow

FB

Just scrapped 2 of them

Very good in their day but a very slow job

You could also put comb levelers on the back set of tines which levelled the ground to a good finish

only down side was they had to be held on the arms as there was no depth controll    Kept the right hand buisy with the position lever

And they where a reel power harrow whereas a rorrerra/rotary harrow are called them but they arn't

• 1 month later...

blimey smurf, you must have scrapped more kit in the last month or two than is left on the farm mate :D :D :D

love looking at the old kit like that, shows you how much things have improved in a short period really

In the last 12 months we have scrapped 120 tonnes of stuff    All down to the governments new regulations >:(

In the last 12 months we have scrapped 120 tonnes of stuff     All down to the governments new regulations >:(

what rules are they then, as i can think of many farms down here that have scrap stuff in fileds ,one just outside tavistock looks like a farm scrap merchants, with a quater of the filed littered with stuff

what rules are they then, as i can think of many farms down here that have scrap stuff in fileds ,one just outside tavistock looks like a farm scrap merchants, with a quater of the filed littered with stuff

The new waste management rules.  I don't know the real ins and outs but folks had 12 months to store waste after several 'prefered' methods (burning etc,) were banned.  Thereafter there are only a few outlets for farm waste - usually outlets that charge a lot of money!

The new waste management rules.  I don't know the real ins and outs but folks had 12 months to store waste after several 'prefered' methods (burning etc,) were banned.  Thereafter there are only a few outlets for farm waste - usually outlets that charge a lot of money!

cheers for the info andy, didnt know about that one, will bring an end to old bits of lkit lying round then wont it, shame as you can get a real good sense of the farms history from stuff like that to

We've got plenty odds and sods lying around where I work......I think we plan to really tidy the place up though and guess who'll be doing it...... ;D

I can think of at least three cabless Massey combines, two of which are used as the farm combines......An old Massey backhoe which has seen better days and lots of older trailers......Might be a job for the newly purchased Massey Ferguson skid-steer...... ;D;)

massey skid steer eh mart,any pics yet?

No pics as it's off at a local fabricators/black-smiths getting a bale spike made for it Sean but will get pics as soon as I can...... :)

The boss says it's slightly smaller than a standard Bobcat but should be here by next weekend at the latest if all goes to plan I think...... :)

If he likes this one and it's useful around the place he says he might get a bigger Bobcat for the main farm and send the Massey one to the smaller farm...... ;)