At work with Martin (NH2)

NewHolland2

An update of what's been happening of late.......

First off we got the last 50 acres of dung spread- as spied by Bill at one point  ;)

DSC01167.jpg

DSC01169.jpg

Eagle eye me Mart ;) ....sorry I got not get stopped to have a "news"....never mind thanks for the close up ;D ;D

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks busy on the farm mart,that wee telehandler ok loading the muck?

Indeed always up to something Ol.......Aye the Merlo works away fine with the dung, it's getting a bit tired now but still does our job  :)

bill couldnt stop mart, he was in the recovery truck see, only way he saw you  [img alt=;D]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/grin.gif [img alt=;D]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/grin.gif [img alt=;D]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/grin.gif [img alt=;D]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/grin.gif

is that your own spreader then? or do you hire in?? surprised the boss hasnt bought 1 or 2 spreader to hire out given other recent buys

The Western is a hired spreader Sean, we hire it from the same man that does our combining...... We have thought about dung spreaders but have decided that going by other's experiences they can be more hastle than they're worth.......

Mart ...can't you put an old black bale wrapping over that one please [img alt=???]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/huh.gif

I'll see what I can do in the hours of darkness Bill  ;)

nice pics as per usual mart , know all about agro with spreaders ,

i helped with a self drive hire farm with a few spreaders , they never came back like they left & you could spend a few hours cutting out old bale netting & string , even had a set of drag harrows wrapped around the beaters , which was a cutting torch job , & the ammount of damage conctrete blocks do to gearboxes turns out to be very expensive , best off out of it mate  :)

nice pictures as per usual mart , know all about agro with spreaders ,

i helped with a self drive hire farm with a few spreaders , they never came back like they left & you could spend a few hours cutting out old bale netting & string , even had a set of drag harrows wrapped around the beaters , which was a cutting torch job , & the ammount of damage conctrete blocks do to gearboxes turns out to be very expensive , best off out of it mate  :)

That's exactly the way the boss was thinking Marcus, the bother that they can cause near outdo any good that comes from having them.......The lad we had the Western from has already experienced problems with it and it's only 2 years old.......

Finally got my hands on my new digital camera after the old one dying on me so been snapping away.......

Got the plough on the 6480 this week.......Here it is parked up at home, will get a couple of pics off the phone of it in the field.......

IMG_0003.jpg

Got the old Massey discs on the 3095 to disc down the barley that we left uncut as part of the Land Managers Options of the SFP.......

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

Been down to the Docks for the first load of fertiliser, Yara ExtraGrasS, have to go back this week for the fert for the Winter Wheat.......

IMG_0017.jpg

Was bruising barley again today, tipping it into the pit with the 3095 and Marshall, where it is augered into the dresser and then blown through a pipe system into the bruiser......

IMG_0012.jpg

Swapped the Marshall onto thye 6480 to take it to our other farm

IMG_0016.jpg

Where I picked up the discs again to disc the steep hill in our 30 acre field, will use the 6480 for this as opposed to the 3095 as the loader can make it a bit unstable turning on the steep slope

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

Marky you're the man to ask this, any idea what the model number of those discs would be, I;ve had a look for a serial plate but can't seem to find one?

cracking images Mart... and I'd say the discs are perhaps the MF28  :-\  ... I bet that trailer is a handful on your tight Scotish roads mate ???:of :of

Ah thanks Marky (just nabbed a brochure for the 28s off Stephen M on Ebay  ;) ).......Indeed they ten boxer tattie trailers can be difficult to get around some of the tighter spots  :of , just need to keep your cool though and guide them through  ::)  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Fairly busy on the farm at the moment.......

Had to disc in the rest of the unharvested barley from the LMO scheme but put the discs on the 6480 as part of the field is a very steep slope and didn't fancy having the unncessary weight of the loader.......

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

This then allowed the boss to get ploughing - up until the point where he hit some series stones.......

IMG_0044.jpg

So off I went with the trusty 3095 to remove the offending objects.......

IMG_0042.jpg

Also in the process of blocking up part of the old cattle court to make a water and wind tight shed for all these new trailers so went to local block manufacturer Laird's of Forfar

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

Also this week mamanged to sell three loads of our excess silage

IMG_0096.jpg

blimey mart that must have been a hell of a rock to bend it that well, i asume its  shear bolts that have gone or wa sit more damage

Each furrow bracket is held on by four ball-ended bolts Sean, it snapped off one of the ball ends causing the furrs to move which in turn bent the auto-reset bar a bit.......

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

• 1 month later...

Nice update Mart...only one question... why does the sowing looking so dead straight ??? ??? ....I thought MF's had a tendency to travel in a curved direction....but then again its maybe depends on the driver ;) ;)