At work with Martin (NH2)

NewHolland2

Tidy Mart  ;)

Legally no you should be transporting a jeep with a tractor as its classed as Haulage  ;)  If the tractor was on Red diesel and taxed as a agriculutral vechile it must only be used for agriculutral purposes  ;)  ::)

Thought you were bending the law slightly but at least you were not caught ;) ;)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

nice to see the 64 getting a good workout on the cultivator mart  :)

ironic really , that you were once one of the forums biggest ford / ford-NH fans here & you've ended up working on an all MF farm  :of

thats fate that is mate  ;)

Nice pigtail harrow there Mart - could do with one of them ;)

Aye she's a handy wee tool Colm, just gave it a bit of a tidy up this year with new tines and brackets........ :)

That's a fair size of spreader...does he own it or hire it in :-\

She's a ten tonner Bill, we just hire it in from a lad up the road........ :)

nice to see the 64 getting a good workout on the cultivator mart  :)

ironic really , that you were once one of the forums biggest ford / ford-NH fans here & you've ended up working on an all MF farm  :of

thats fate that is mate  ;)

I know, it's amazing how things change around Marucs, never thought I'd be going to work wearing a Fergie hat and boiler suit........ ;)

First time I've had a read through this topic for a while Mart  ;) 

Great stuff..and only just realised how old you are these days time goes fast  ;)

As always great pictures love the Western Spreader  ;)

Cheers Barry........ :)

Looks like you are fired Mart - the dog has taken over instead ;D ;D

So it would seem Colm........ :-;D

More lovely pictures Mart, as always love the livestock ;)  Thanks for posting them up.

No problem, glad you liked them  :)

on the first picture looks like your door is glass is about to shater?

Think it must have been the snow on the window, got my door fixed last year and it's been fine since........

Good spreader, Mart. Any chance of persuading the boss to buy one for your own use?  8)

Some lovely calves arriving on the farm too  :-*

He's in deliberations about a spreader Tris, just not sure about hiring one out as that would be its main use, he's convinced on the return it would give but not the abuse/repairs that it may get........

intresting pictures mart, looks like that bit of tape was it on the repaired door is still in place :D :D :D

what about using them 3 kidd spreaders you have?? two tractors running on them, the 698 and 3095 would get the job done i recon

Yeah the tape is still in place Sean, I'm a bit wary of taking it off again  :-[

I think out of the three there is maybe only one that would actually work correctly, the other two are in various states of disrepair  ???  one was originally bought for spares anyway and one is in the pipeline to be turned into a mobile water trough with a water tank attached if we ever get around to it  :)

Thought you were bending the law slightly but at least you were not caught ;) ;)

i know of a few contractors who move there landy in the back of the silage trailers at silage time  :-\  could they be done? as the land rover is used to fuel the tractors up with the bowser  :-\  and take the boys back to the yard instead of taking all the kit home  :)

i know of a few contractors who move there landy in the back of the silage trailers at silage time  [img alt=:-\]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/undecided.gif  could they be done? as the land rover is used to fuel the tractors up with the bowser  [img alt=:-\]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/undecided.gif  and take the boys back to the yard instead of taking all the kit home  [img alt=:)]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/smiley.gif

I believe so, but if they fill the trailer with grass after loading the vehicle who will know ;)

In that case the only thing one can do is set a few goats up on top and wait till they chew the load down enough,mind you if the landy has a green roof then it may get a few bite marks in it as the goats will be hard pushed to tell the diffrance between roof and grass.The time the goats take to eat the load down enough so the landy can be driven out could be used to think about how stupid one was in the frist place to cover there landy in grass silage.Another way round the problem would be to give the lads a fooking tough looking fiat that they would be proud to wake the parish up with in the wee hours when the roll back into the village.