The Massey Ferguson 410.. a modern day 135

Lord Ferguson

Been toying with the idea of buying a tractor for some time now... a 35 or a 135 perhaps... but now I am considering buying a new one... would be nice to be the first to get my bum on the seat  :-\

Your thoughts would be welcome... as "she who has to be obeyed" just say * in a roll your eyes type voice * "Oh you do what you like"  ::)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i can take care of the ploughing bit but i think you would be better off with going for the older tractors first, why spend all that moey on a ew one just to sit in a shed somewhere not being used. Not being used could cause all sorts of trouble in the long run, especially with oil seals :-\

well i can take care of the ploughing bit but i think you would be better off with going for the older tractors first, why spend all that moey on a ew one just to sit in a shed somewhere not being used. Not being used could cause all sorts of trouble in the long run, especially with oil seals :-\

Thanks Gav... never thought of that... but I guess that will apply to any tractor I buy... and I just MUST have one  ::)

Old or new  :-\

I my self would go for a 135 mint with flexi cab  unless i wanted to restore an old yolke

marky but as for the 410 not my cup of tea theres no charector to it ,,Its souless  :D :D

dont do it buy a classic insead wot will be better value in 20 yrs time the 410 or a 135

i wouldent buy for value myself  but ild buy coz i like the tractor(135)

Been toying with the idea of buying a tractor for some time now... a 35 or a 135 perhaps... but now I am considering buying a new one... would be nice to be the first to get my bum on the seat  :-\

Your thoughts would be welcome... as "she who has to be obeyed" just say * in a roll your eyes type voice * "Oh you do what you like"  ::)

Oh do what you like  ;) hmmmmmmmmmmm i would think about that if i was you spell's biggggggg trouble go for 35 they have lasted how long it will last forever plus you could paint it yellow if you got bored :P

Thanks Gav... never thought of that... but I guess that will apply to any tractor I buy... and I just MUST have one  ::)

Old or new  :-\

Not so much with an older tractor as the seals will be worn in more, new seals are more likely to suffer from a memory effect and leak. Got to be old in my opinion :);)

I'd go for a 135 or 165 Marky...... :)

Reaons:-

1) For the cost of that 410 I'm sure you could get a good condition 135 and plough  :)

2) The appeal of the wee 135 and 165 if you were to go to ploughing matches etc would be much greater......

3) Of course if anything goes wrong on a 135 it'll be pretty easy to fix......

......and in general I'm sure the satisfaction of owning a peice of farming history would be greater than owning a modern 410...... ;)

Bloody hell bacher wot was that all about  ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D a couple of IH 250s and 450s there  if im not mistaken  and flying over a MF 35  ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D classic

wot movie was that in that was FUNNY

At the top there is a search i typed in tractor last night and found 20 plus pages some silly some insane but most good fun all tractor related

why not buy a 410 & a 135 marky , we all know you can afford it  :D :D :D :D

get a nice little ifor williams trailer to put the 135 & plough on & tow it to the poughing matches with the 410 ;)

if you read the CT write up about the 410 , it is in all intensive purposes a modified 135, many parts for the 410 are the same parts using part numbers used for the 135,

the lads are right though , the 135 will retain it's value , the 410 will depreciate  quite quickly & if it lasts as long as a 135 then it'll be nearly 35-40 years before you see it as an investment

do the right thing for yer ploughing .get yerself a little DB885 fantastic match ploughing tractors  :)

marky if your going to spalsh the cash mate get a oldie, a nice 698t or 690 mate, even a 500 series after all there a fair few round for sale, and it would add to your mates collection eh,that link for the scotish dealer someone posted up had several mf 500's for sale, with laoders ect inc 2 550's

marky if your going to spalsh the cash mate get a oldie, a nice 698t or 690 mate, even a 500 series after all there a fair few round for sale, and it would add to your mates collection eh, that link for the scotish dealer someone posted up had several mf 500's for sale, with laoders ect inc 2 550's

now they where tidy ,,,even got a good heater in them 500 series marky

you can chave  it up so you get a rasbery ruffle vending machine in the cab  :D :D :D :D :D :D