Zwolle 2007 - FTF On Tour

SPN

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it aint much to do cost wise ut thers anloy 1 flight a day, late in eve down here not sure what time up though

I'd say come up the night before then Sean... some good hotels around here mate... I can get ypu booked into the one at Bar Hill....  Barry, Marcus and Tris will vouch for how good it is mate  ;)

Apart from the early morning alarm call from the fire bell  ;D

Has hiring a coach been looked into?  I know it's been mentioned but not sure what the outcome was.

I went to the Tekno 25th Anniversary Show a couple of years ago and we organised a private hire coach from South London.  In fact it was so popular we needed two coaches.  Everyone made their own way to the pick-up point in South London and we dropped everyone back in South London.  We travelled overnight, attended the show and then returned to UK in the evening.  Sleep was possible on the coach and it saved the cost of a hotel.  Likely to be cheaper than flying and a lot easier to bring purchases back.  If you think it's a good idea I'll contact the coach company we used for the Tekno event and see if I can get an idea of price.

Its on 17 & 18th November, 2007 in Zwolle

Have we confirmation of this date?

For the benefit of the Irish Airborne Division, RyanAirLite (Aer Lingus) are quoting me 161 yoyos to go in on the Friday night and out on the Sunday night. I'll be having some of that!  ;D

Info on Hotel pricing shortly. How many intend staying in Amsterdam? If I can block book rooms I might be able to get a discount rate.

Have we confirmation of this date?

For the benefit of the Irish Airborne Division, RyanAirLite (Aer Lingus) are quoting me 161 yoyos to go in on the Friday night and out on the Sunday night. I'll be having some of that!  ;D

Info on Hotel pricing shortly. How many intend staying in Amsterdam? If I can block book rooms I might be able to get a discount rate.

Satniel ur tempting me

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, has anybody else been looking into the hotels and travel yet?

I've found a few nice hotels in Amsterdam.

I'm thinking of flying from Birmingham to Amsterdam on Friday, get to the hotel and have a little look around.

Get the train to Zwolle on Saturday morning and spend most the day there, returning by train to Amsterdam.

Sunday looking at the bank balance and wondering how i'm going to fit all the model into my bag safely for the jouney back.

Monday, return home with no money, car and a bigger mortgage.

The girlfriend will be coming along with me, as she want to go to Amsterdam, already told her not to moan to much as I dribble all over the place in Zwolle  ;D

Is anybody else doing a simalar thing, staying in Amsterdam and traveling to Zwolle from there???

I am seriously thinking about it.  My daughter is cabin crew for EasyJet so can get cheap flights and hotel.  The only thing I need to sort out is getting from airport to hotel and hotel to Zwolle and the reverse trips. 

Are there any websites that help...train routes/times etc?  Also whereabouts in Zwolle is the train station, near where the show is?

Bazza,

How much roughly and what are the dates?

Jez

At the moment, Flight and hotel is between 3 locations in Amsterdam,

Dates i've looked at are leaving Birmingham on Friday 16th and returning Monday 19th, so 3 nights in hotel

Prices per person

1 @ ?160.59 - 10 minutes from train station www.Opodo.co.uk & http://www.diann.nl/

1 @ ?188.63 - 10 minutes from train station www.Opodo.co.uk & http://www.nadia.nl/index.php

1 @ ?206.00 - next to train station http://www.expedia.co.uk/pub/agent.dll?qsfr=cmfd&itid=&itdx=&itty=&ecid=

They all have good reviews (my girlfriend always reads all the reviews before booking!)

Trains from Amsterdam to Zwolle - about ?19 return - jouney time is 1 hour 17 minutes with 1 change

http://www.ns.nl/servlet/Satellite?referrer=plannerplus2stap_stap1&cid=1083234338201&pagename=www.ns.nl%2FPlanner%2Fplannerplus2stap&action=js2&p=1083234338201&lang=en

Hope this helps, we are waiting a few weeks until BMI and Easyjet show there November prices for flights, book the flights early at the silly prices, and book hotel direct and it may be cheaper again.

;D