J.D 3050 & McConnel Pa 500S

smish

some pics of the deere with its new toy for the winter! bought the mcconnel a few weeks ago and been so busy with it since havent got a chance to get some pics until now.

its a fully independant power arm with switchbox controls. reaaly nice controls when you get used to them, much better than cables anyways.

any comments or questions ill be glad to reply!

post-276-132638548569_thumb.jpg

post-276-132638548571_thumb.jpg

the new frame i made for the back yesterday with lights and have to get number plate made up now. had to put this on because when she is folded into transport position it the head blocks the lights on the tractor. so they should se this at night time eh!!!!

post-276-13263854858_thumb.jpg

last one for now. have to made up the mesh frame for around the side window tomorrow evening an then it'll be finished. am hoping to get it into the shed over christmas and re-paint it. also added a frame to protect the paint on the bonnet as much as posible. will post more pics of her with all the finished guards on

post-276-132638548591_thumb.jpg

Very tidy job there smish a lovelly tractor ;) ;)

Does she get a bit light on the front as local bloke with a 3350 on similar hedger has to have a full set of weights ???

yea it gets a bit light when its in transport position, if turning at full lock and on the road she is a little light at the front but not over choppy. would make it a lot smoother though

looks well uptogether smish,you ever thought about cutting some marine board to fit in the rims to protect the wheels ?

very smart indeed  :) :) :)

what about chain mail to protect the tyres?

what about a filter to protect to precleaner

what about mesh to protect the guard?

what about mesh to protect the beacons?

what about mech to protect the mesh protecting the beacons?

all this and nothing to protect the hedgecutter  ;):D :D

looks well uptogether smish,you ever thought about cutting some marine board to fit in the rims to protect the wheels ?

very smart indeed  :) :) :)

yea i have 18mm marine ply cut out already and painted, just have to make the brackets for mounting it to the rim.

zip it smart arse or ill be up there to whoop it!!! it least the paint work on this 3050 is worth protecting!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

zip it smart ass or ill be up there to whoop it!!! it least the paint work on this 3050 is worth protecting!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

yea i have 18mm marine ply cut out already and painted, just have to make the brackets for mounting it to the rim.

yeah so there  :D :D not as daft as i look ricky :D :D :D by the way hows your deere coming along ?

they should put gurads on the backend of the flail to mate,i got showered by a jd and bushwacker today on the other side of the hedge, he was trimming the opp side but only half the trimmer on the bank, so it was shooting the stuff over at the cars, aint to bothered about the van, but my car or other peoples cars ,he had no signs out ,at all mate, made me jump and i had seen him ,if you didnt it could have caused a accident to be honest

Fantastic little outfit there Smish, really smart looking machinery. With those spangley freshly painted wheels you ought to get some hession or something in there. Are you still trying to chop her in for a newun?

no im gonna keep her now for another year at least i think, its goin really well and has never given me a bit of trouble so i think ill keep her for another while. excuse my ignorance, but whats hession?

nice rig, just like mine but mines 2wd and a bomford. dont fit a flap on the front of the head, chains are better as they move, a flap lays the hedge down and dosnt cut properly ;) im thinking of making boards to protect my bonnet, i would put fine mesh in thoe to let air through the grill so she dosnt over heat. we carry warning signs on our masseys when on road work and looking to put lights on the flails due to the head blocking the lights in transport. what year is ya tractor and how many hours on her?  im looking at a 3050 1992 with 8500hrs with a 20 year old bomford 3 arm flail but he wants 10k plus vat ??? any ideas on value of the rig?