Tim MIISA/K 2 row sugarbeet harvester

Gav836

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow Gav  looks great chop chop then lad get one put together for us then  ;D

I'm working on it, hope to have one together and painted by tomorrrow night, sooner if possible. Rest assured as soon as I have one ready pics will be on here ;D

Wow Gav  looks great chop chop then lad get one put together for us then  ;D

Ditto!

Looks like some nice parts there. Big hole in the market there for you Gav.  ;)

Ditto!

Looks like some nice parts there. Big hole in the market there for you Gav.  ;)

Thanks John, I'm very impressed and pleased with the quality of the casting. I plan to try and fill the hole as quickly as i can ;D:D :D

very nice gav, will it take long to put together then?

Thanks Sean, been working on one for about 2 hours now, mostly just re drilling holes and putting rails on. Reckon another 2 hours work will have it finished now including painting :);)

Very nice Gav i can't wait to see one of those babys at Spalding mate. Looks very nice how much do you reckon you would be selling the finished ones for?  :-\ ;)

Thanks Nick :)

ideal mate, cant wait to see it, can judge what size trailers i need to build for it then to,

Quite big ones ::):D :D

I'm actually surprised how heavy the model is :)

Gav any pics???

so big trailers???....Sean Sean i need a 20+ tonne Marston please ;D

actually i may need Naths super Marston ;D ;D

Patience Ben, patience, all will be revealed later on today.

Ah what the hell, here's how far I've got, just roughly assembled, got to take it apart again to paint up now :);)

post-334-13263857746_thumb.jpg

WOW WOW  :P :P :P :P Gav well done mate . :) :) :)

Thanks Mark :)

fantastic job gav , has it turned out as ggod as you'd hoped ? as it looks pretty darn impressive from here .

how many are being cast altogether ?

It's turned out better than I'd hoped for Marcus. I'm getting 25 done in this run, couldn't afford the 50 in one go at the minute, once this batch have all gone I will get another 25 cast :);)

Been painting this this afternoon and the words i want to use to describe what its painting like would be taken out by the language filter on here, I'm having a hell of a job with it. Despite cleaning the resin parts i'm still having problems getting the paint to take to them properly so if anyone has any suggestions they would be gratefully recieved!!

I've been painting this resin stuff for a while now and all I ever do is wash parts in warm soapy water (fairy liquid), rinse in cold water, dry, then go straight on with Halfords or Holts grey primer ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I've been painting this resin stuff for a while now and all I ever do is wash parts in warm soapy water (fairy liquid), rinse in cold water, dry, then go straight on with Halfords or Holts grey primer ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Thats exactly what I have done as well Paul but its still not painting properly which seems strange, its Halfords paints as well. Have to give TT's suggestion a try I guess (thanks TT) I've never had a problem with the fairy liquid method till today either. Got to ring the casters tomorrow so have to see what they suggest as well :-\

i had a resin that wouldnt take paint no matter what i used on it gav, never did get to the bottom of why though, i have always just washed down with soapy water first , have you warmed the paint up ?? might be down to it being a bit cold, i leave mine in a bucket of hot water for 5 mins before i spray, goes on a treat

i had a resin that wouldnt take paint no matter what i used on it gav, never did get to the bottom of why though, i have always just washed down with soapy water first , have you warmed the paint up ?? might be down to it being a bit cold, i leave mine in a bucket of hot water for 5 mins before i spray, goes on a treat

Thanks Sean, I'll have to try warming the paint up i guess.

I promised you boys pictures tonight and here they are. I aren't overly happy with the paint finish at the minute so this one will stay with me and I'll get another one done for Sunday :);)

post-334-132638577505_thumb.jpg

post-334-132638577509_thumb.jpg

Archived