Ploughs... ploughs... ploughs.... decisions... decisions... your thoughts please

Lord Ferguson

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you buy any yet Marky  ???

Nothing YET.... but I've joined a vintage tractor club (well I have next Tuesday evening).. and the lady on the phone said that PLENTY of members will guide me in the right direction.. or maybe even lend me one to try  ;) - I'll keep you posted of course

that sounds like a step in the right direction marky , with any luck you'll be tooled up ready for the spring matches mate  :)

be sure to come down our way won't you, the crewkerne young farmers do a ploughing match every year , i'll see if i can get the date for you , that way me, sean,mark & tris can come see a master at work  :)

get any joy from the ploughing forum ?

that sounds like a step in the right direction marky , with any luck you'll be tooled up ready for the spring matches mate  :)

be sure to come down our way won't you, the crewkerne young farmers do a ploughing match every year , i'll see if i can get the date for you , that way me, sean,mark & tris can come see a master at work  :)

get any joy from the ploughing forum ?

See me make a pillock of myself more like  :D :D :D:-[

Ploughing Forum is not a lot of use at the moment Marcus... they all seem to ber talking in double dutch at the moment... I think I need some basic knowledge first mate  :-[

See me make a pillock of myself more like  :D :D :D:-[

Ploughing Forum is not a lot of use at the moment Marcus... they all seem to ber talking in double dutch at the moment... I think I need some basic knowledge first mate  :-[

What forum is this Marky?

• 4 weeks later...

Not yet Ben... I've been watching that little disc plough John... wondered if indeed it might be something different as well...

I don;t think they "work very well" on our UK soils so believe..  :-\

I used to use a Volac disc plough a few years ago and can whole heartedly say that it was the biggest heap of excrement i've ever had the misfortune to use, it wasn't too bad on the really light soil but most of the time there was more stubble showing than soil :-\

oh marky thought you would have sorted this out by now, ploughing seasons nearly apone us and you aint gonna be there are you

:D :D :-[ - I'm hoping to be Sean... I need some practice land first... looks like I may well be the next big name in pasture topping at this rate instead  :D :D :-[:-\ :'(

you hope mate, the time its taking for the plough ,if you spend that long on a topper you'll be back to the plouging season again,best just buy a trailer and do local deliverys with her instead

I may well resort to that yet Sean... things seem to be pilling up around her in my garage as well... before long it will be a case of... "can;t be assed to get her out"  :D :D

I used to use a Volac disc plough a few years ago and can whole heartedly say that it was the biggest heap of excrement i've ever had the misfortune to use, it wasn't too bad on the really light soil but most of the time there was more stubble showing than soil :-\

Surprise , surprise that is completely different to what they say in the 2 brochures I have for it - I believe that plough was designed by Peter Topham one of the biggest UK farmers with 6500 acres and an operation in Ukraine ;)