some old kit still used

batcher

I remember spending hours on the front of a Howard rotavator going round field margins.  That was in the days when we farmed into the ditch not 1-2 metres away from it!

I remember slipping into the stream a couple of times over the years trying to get the last furrow along the bank and the bank giving way as I lifted up the plough & the rear wheels suddenly getting all the weight of the 5000 & 3 furrow reversible.

I remember spending hours on the front of a Howard rotavator going round field margins.  That was in the days when we farmed into the ditch not 1-2 metres away from it!

yeah , farmer wasn't happy unless my last furrow litterally dropped into nothingness

The best fun i can remember on a 6600 started about 8am buy the 3rd tank of fuel about 11pm getting bored by now opened the door dropped the rotovater in 3 more inches opened the throttle full i had 3 inches of flame out the topof the pipe 10 mins later she was boiling  ::) went home  cruel i know but when your 16  ;D

can remember the 1250 going down the ditch several times doing that, took a bit of getting out to with a 5 furrow dowdswell on the back, usually when it was wet i have to say,

I love the howard rotavator... I can remember them bright orange and new  ;D

Nigel Ford.... do you make one of these  ???

Not yet. There's some nice ones in the science museum London, about 1/16 scale aswell as many other implements on tractors of the 60s done by the various apprentices of the OEMs at the time. Different scenes from seasons throughout the year, inc beet harvesters, 4 furrow Doe reversible, IH balers & combines to name a few.

Not yet. There's some nice ones in the science museum London, about 1/16 scale aswell as many other implements on tractors of the 60s done by the various apprentices of the OEMs at the time. Different scenes from seasons throughout the year, inc beet harvesters, 4 furrow Doe reversible, IH balers & combines to name a few.

Well that's a good sign Nigel... I reckon I can just see a ScaleDown rotavator behind my 65  ;):P :P :P :P :P

The best fun i can remember on a 6600 started about 8am buy the 3rd tank of fuel about 11pm getting bored by now opened the door dropped the rotovater in 3 more inches opened the throttle full i had 3 inches of flame out the topof the pipe 10 mins later she was boiling  ::) went home  cruel i know but when your 16  ;D

Used to be a man at home pulling beet with a Ford 6600 Safety cab and single row Armer and she used to glow when it got dark like that  :)

You had a good old catch up then! Was all that machinery you pictured there when you was at the farm?

Most of it was he has reduced down 60 acres half  since i was there my old lemkin plough had gone plus my old db 770 and lundell drill. He's given up growing corn now real shame. He tryed a small animal farm but h/s and all the paperwork he had to do soon knocked that on the head. So now a few beef bl****y horses and carvans in the summer  ;D