new farm

richie

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richie, you forgot to put the pics up that you said we could laugh at ??? The ones you have posted though are awesome in every sense of the word. I love what you have done. :)

What did you use then?

Thanks for all the comments everybody, Well on how I did it was cut the front door mat and if the wife says anything say you had to cut some off because the dog chewed the corner so you just squared it up, Simple eh oh and if you haven't got a dog like me just buy some from the shop, It could be cheaper for you in the long run. The stubble that I tried to do is called  wheat stubble and its for 1;87 Train layout. The straw is made by cutting the mat off and you are  left with the rubber base if you know what I mean. To be honest the matting could do with been a bit taller and it would look a lot better.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the comments everybody, Well on how I did it was cut the front door mat and if the wife says anything say you had to cut some off because the dog chewed the corner so you just squared it up, Simple eh oh and if you haven't got a dog like me just buy some from the shop, It could be cheaper for you in the long run. The stubble that I tried to do is called  wheat stubble and its for 1;87 Train layout. The straw is made by cutting the mat off and you are  left with the rubber base if you know what I mean. To be honest the matting could do with been a bit taller and it would look a lot better.

with you mate, i guess its just down to scissors and time, height wise it doesnt look that bad, just a shirt crop of spring wheat or similar, bought my matt yesterday so cutting times fast approaching now

wow!!!!, those bales are great!!!!, how did you do them again? ???

These big square bales are made from them blocks you get for making flower arranging, Took the measurement from the back of the baler and cut them to size Then painted it with number 93 Humbrol paint and cut bits off the mat I used for the corn and just stuck them on. Thanks for the other comments as well people.                                                      Sadly things has not turned out that well since I have been back in the UK and have decided to go back to Australia some time in the near future so both the 1:32 and the 1:87 farms are going to be dismantled. Iam not doing any more to the farms and  from now on just try and buy as many 1:32 models as possible as there isnt many places over there to buy 1:32 scale. So I would like to say thank you to you's all for the encouragement and kind comments about my farms I really appreciated it.

What a shame for you mate, I hope good fortune welcomes you in Australia buddy :). The farms survived the move last time so no doubt they will this time too. Have you an idea when you'll bid us farewell yet? Oh and what's on the shopping list? :) :)

Well the plan was October but we have just this morning learned that my Dad has lung cancer so we are going to put things on hold for a while, It has come as a shock, But there still is hope He is going down to London sometime this week for a scan. Not too sure what type of scan, Its the only one in the country they said. So its a waiting game now, Keep getting as many universal Hobbies as possible. 1:32 that is

What a shame for you mate, I hope good fortune welcomes you in Australia buddy :). The farms survived the move last time so no doubt they will this time too. Have you an idea when you'll bid us farewell yet? Oh and what's on the shopping list? :) :)

Thanks for that Deere-est

Hey mate, best of luck with the move etc, sorry to hear it hasn't worked out over here.

Well you and your farm will be missed, some of the most realistic pictures on here mate. You are one of the greats.

Take it easy and safe trip, for you and the farm.

jez