Any new 07 reg tractors around??

nashmach

Spurred on by the fact that neighbours of ours have bought a new TM to replace their Deutz 6.61  :( and also having being told that the JQ dealer has sold 32 new tractors (which I don't believe :-\) and the Valtra dealer 4 - has anyone else seen any new 07 tractors in their area  ???

Which now means... you get a new vehicle and within 6 months MAXIMUM it's not new any more...

HOWEVER... I believe this is what the new system was designed for... to take the peaks and troughs out of the new vehicle market...

A question for our American Friends... Oh... and you Rick... Our new vehicle registration system works on a number being assigned twice per year (as detailed above)... but just to make it clear...

The Current reg number is 56...

In March 07 the new reg number will be 07...

Until September 07... when the reg number will be 57...

The question is... how does your numbering system work over there... do you have a letter or number that signifies the year of registration...  ???

Its a lot easier to buy a personal plate cos then no one knows how old your car is and you dont get looked at for having a new car  my number is P19GLY but the only problem is you get people ask is your car an old P reg which is funny as its on a fiesta which didnt even go into production till late 2002 which is like 6 years after a P ( must add its mostly women)

Which now means... you get a new vehicle and within 6 months MAXIMUM it's not new any more...

HOWEVER... I believe this is what the new system was designed for... to take the peaks and troughs out of the new vehicle market...

A question for our American Friends... Oh... and you Rick... Our new vehicle registration system works on a number being assigned twice per year (as detailed above)... but just to make it clear...

The question is... how does your numbering system work over there... do you have a letter or number that signifies the year of registration...  ???

So the second number follows the year, but what happens when you get to the end of the decade? Then you need a new system, which is daft as well as confusing. Come to think about it though, we might start to run into problems now that we've turned the century.... people with Model Ts will be getting speeding fines through the post!!

So the second number follows the year, but what happens when you get to the end of the decade? Then you need a new system, which is daft as well as confusing. Come to think about it though, we might start to run into problems now that we've turned the century.... people with Model Ts will be getting speeding fines through the post!!

It'll just go to eg. 17/67 - so we have at least 50 years in it which is more than twice that of the last system

To be honest mate, i'm not sure of the answer as the newest fullsize tractor i've driven was from the 50s!  :D :D :D

Some of the TTS memebers are real farmers and mechanics, I would try asking it in the Real Toy Talk section.  ;)