Which one MX vs TM

P.Morrison

Mx 135 vs Tm 130 straight pull  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Mx 135 vs Tm 130 straight pull

• MX
    • TM

Put the gimp who was driving the Quad-Trac in the YouTube video on the MX and Marky would out-pull him on the 410!

But seriously - do you honestly think any Basildon Engineer with a conscience is going to let some red cr4p out the gate which is remotely capable of outpulling the original blue version?

An MX is a TM having a bad hair day!  :o

As much as I'd like to say TM, I've seen an MX and TM in action in the same field and reckon the MX would take it easily :);)

Pretty much the same as yourself Gav - the MX 135 is an animal of a machine and very hard to beat - I think you would have to compare it to a TM 140 as the I have heard that the difference between the 130 and 140 is huge due to differences in the torque characteristics  :)

well vid it mate,and post it on here wont ya mate,

jolly good idea TM,be well worth seeing.

Last winter I out pulled a MX110 with a JD 6420 both had the same loads on and all that.The JD power shift recovered faster after each push of the button and own hands down.

That said I'm voteing the MX this time.

best test

sit on level ground

set both tractors at 1500 revs

put them into lowest  gear that both tractors are doing excatly the same speed

ideally tyreswould be equal bu not easy done

back tractors up tight together!!, chain between lying on ground,

now let out both clutches at the same time, the tractors will both move off in opposite directions at equal speeds

MAKE SURE IN LOW GEARS AND SPEEDS SO CHAIN DON'T BREAK!!

THE SECOND the chain tightens its all down to the tractors shear grip and engine torque NO DRIVER INFLUENCE

best test

sit on level ground

set both tractors at 1500 revs

put them into lowest  gear that both tractors are doing excatly the same speed

ideally tyreswould be equal bu not easy done

back tractors up tight together!!, chain between lying on ground,

now let out both clutches at the same time, the tractors will both move off in opposite directions at equal speeds

MAKE SURE IN LOW GEARS AND SPEEDS SO CHAIN DON'T BREAK!!

THE SECOND the chain tightens its all down to the tractors shear grip and engine torque NO DRIVER INFLUENCE

Well said Ricky - my neighbour was nearly killed about 15 years ago when pulling a tractor and trailer out the whole front weight block came through the cab - he was in a coma for a few days but he was okay even he does odd things from time to time :D

Well said Ricky - my neighbour was nearly killed about 15 years ago when pulling a tractor and trailer out the whole front weight block came through the cab - he was in a coma for a few days but he was okay even he does odd things from time to all the time :D